Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: d-b-m (melt items in area) seems buggy?  (Read 677 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
d-b-m (melt items in area) seems buggy?
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:38:48 am »

I've had several cases where I've tried to melt designate piles of gobbo junk left after execution, and d-b-m fails to designate some things, while managing to get most of them. The ones it's failed on have been copper armor worn to the 'x' or 'X' level, but I've seen some that were designated correctly. The reason it's only copper is that this is the only armor grade metal the gobbos bring.
Manual melt designation of the missed items works.

Has anyone else encountered this?

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: d-b-m (melt items in area) seems buggy?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 02:58:33 pm »

I do a lot of melting and have not seen this, but could have missed it. My method is, use d-b-m on a large binned stockpile about once per season, without looking in the bins.
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.

Leonidas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 04:45:18 pm »

Could dwarves be claiming the items? I often have trouble fully cleaning a battlefield because Urist has decided that he can't live without a particular loincloth soaked in goblin sweat.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 01:57:57 am »

Highly unlikely, since I've got a huge pile of masterworks copper equipment, so there's absolutely no reason to downgrade to lower quality worn copper equipment.

The loincloth issue is particularly annoying as kids rush out to pick them up and then start to play out in the open (while painting the area green). I'm using a kid burrow to block them from doing this, but civilian alerts override all other burrow restrictions, so the kids will then grab loincloths when I'm cleaning up in closed off entrance tunnels. What's even more annoying is that I've got a whole pile of loincloths liberated from earlier gobbo waves, so there's absolutely no need to go for the ones with fresh blood on them.

I'll repeat it after the next siege prisoner processing session and post a bug report (assuming it is repeated, of course).