Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do you discover cobold or other camps?  (Read 862 times)

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
How do you discover cobold or other camps?
« on: September 06, 2018, 01:35:25 am »

I wanted to raid some camps (cobold, bandit, or any other), but have noticed that they are not visible on my world map. I know where they are from legends, I am constantly pestered by one (and one specific kobold, who returns almost every year), but I cannot see them and thus target. Can then be eventually revealed by some chance event?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do you discover cobold or other camps?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:55:35 am »

They can't be revealed (although there's a worldgen setting to have them all revealed from the start) but they sometimes show up in the list of last known artifact locations. Then you can send a squad to go see if it's still there.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »

Artefact recovery... This gave me idea, though it's a long shot, because I've heard the recovery missions are bugged.

I determined the most expensive items, selected the one I can spare, and walled in all the more expensive ones. Then prepared a place away from heavy traffic, and left the artefact for kobolds. Hopefully they will steal it, and this will give me option to get it back - and maybe something more.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 02:43:20 pm »

You could probably get them to steal a book. Not sure if it would work for book copies.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 04:43:59 pm »

You could probably get them to steal a book. Not sure if it would work for book copies.

The problem is that when they enter the map, they go for the most expensive item. Since it's deep inside the fortress, they are eventually discovered, and then start to run away instead of stealing.

So I would have to have a book which is more expensive than other items, which would be hard to do, because I have about 1200 items which are more expensive than the most expensive book. Unless kobolds have preference for books, but I doubt they need more fuel :)

That would be good though for the first years though, before strange moods.

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 12:58:56 am »

you visit them in adventure mode