Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Youtube "Duplication": End of rope reached  (Read 402 times)

Valikdu

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruin... has come to our family.
    • View Profile
Youtube "Duplication": End of rope reached
« on: August 27, 2018, 08:35:41 pm »

I don't know what to do.

I mean, I was okay with waiting for FOUR MONTHS for my re-application, after losing my monetization this February and getting 1000 subs at the end of April. But now I've got a message that says I have "duplicated content", so I get nothing.

I don't copy content from other channels, I never had any strikes, I don't know how to solve this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Youtube "Duplication": End of rope reached
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 09:40:50 pm »

Duplicate content seems to refer to having multiple videos that are largely or entirely identical, going by an idle google check. Filching someone else's content would probably involve notably stronger words, heh.

Further idle checking suggests you might check some of the comments here for possible causes. One of them links here for some possible tips on how to avoid the issue.

Apparently what counted as duplicate content broadened or somethin' in the last few months, and it's been catching a goodly number of folks off guard, yeah. You'd have to dig through their terms of service stuff for more detail. Don't ask me how to solve it, though. Lazy google searching is the extent of my familiarity with youtube's content policies.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.