Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Frozen Milk  (Read 579 times)

Quicunque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Frozen Milk
« on: August 25, 2018, 02:57:40 pm »

How does one thaw frozen milk (without magma, which I do not yet have)? Upon embark, I had planned to get a cheese industry going very early, but my embark was cold, so all the milk froze. I thought that, when the river thawed, the milk would also naturally thaw. That was not the case. Now I have 9 barrels of frozen milk and an idle cheese maker. NEVERMIND -- it turns out that it just took a little more time to thaw naturally.

On a related topic, where is frozen milk stored? I thought all "globs" were stored as food, but my dwarves will not haul it to the food stockpile.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 03:14:25 pm by Quicunque »

Luriant

• Bay Watcher
  • Mediocre english, sorry
    • View Profile
Re: Frozen Milk
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2018, 04:15:29 pm »

Move the Frozen milk to inside. Create a stockpile for food in a zone that never see the sunlight.

The temperature "Inside Dark Subterranean" is constant. The frozen milk will melt to liquid.

Don't use frozen milk as ingredient, or the entire meal will melt in a pool of liquid.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2787
╔══╦══╗██▓▓
☺♠┼╥╤┼▲▼▓
Θ÷║πΩ║      ▓
+═╬══╣ò    ▓
≈≈▒‼^☻²
╚══╩══╝
  Σ Spkd Grn Glss Blls 252☼ 2.6Γ

Mort Stroodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2018, 08:09:47 pm »

Afaik frozen liquids are bugged, you'll never be able to get it off the surface. I've had caravans leave behind barrels of like badger man blood or something because it froze while they were transporting it.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2018, 04:25:07 am »

Don't use frozen milk as ingredient, or the entire meal will melt in a pool of liquid.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=2787
"Yes, we can make icecream, but we choose not to."

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2018, 08:59:27 am »

Will it stay solid if the workshop is out in the cold?

Eat your icecream before it melts, Urist!
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?