Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is this still possible?  (Read 470 times)

PlatinumSun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Is this still possible?
« on: August 10, 2018, 05:55:07 pm »

I remember reading a story when someone had a legendary spearsdwarf or swordsdwarf I cant remember. She was melted by a dragon. But with 12 legendary medical dwarves rebuilt the melted dwarf almost entirely out of adimantium thread. But besides that she lost almost all of her organs and limbs after being melted. So she became basically immortal after being clad in adimantium armour. She eventually fell into lava and was impossible to rescue but still didn't die. I think this story was from 2015 or 2016.
It will probably take you 10 seconds to read this digital text on your monitor. And then ponder its metaphorical meaning.

Slaves To Kek God Of Creation
Chapter II: Meme Magic

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Is this still possible?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 06:14:03 pm »

Well, death via heat is usually a result of melting fat and subsequent bleeding out.

However, even creatures that have no blood can die from overheating. Since bleeding out via skin in nearly impossible, a dwarf with no fat would gain de facto immunity from minor wounds and relatively extreme resistance to death via heat. It would take prolonged exposure to magma and/or immolation in order to kill it, or a would directly to a major organ such as the lungs, heart, or brain. A skilled warrior dwarf would be at huge advantage.

If I recall it was later proven that adamantium thread does not in fact provide any resistance/protection.

So yes, this is still possible to replicate.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0