Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread  (Read 6149 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 09, 2018, 08:22:43 am »

I could be the Q to his James Bond! :D
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 09, 2018, 08:24:15 am »

You very well could be, our kingdom sorely needs informants and spies.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 09, 2018, 08:33:23 am »

Kaius Blackthorn: The Blackthorns were once one of the most prominent families, standing at the right hand of the king. But that was long ago, and now they are poor and destitute. Kaius was a third son determined to increase his family's fortunes, and searched for sources of wealth in beasts, in the ground, and in the water. While he found many interesting things, he found nothing of worth. And so he set out, wandering and exploring, searching constantly for something to restore his family's fortunes. Having heard of the death of the king, he has decided to return.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 09, 2018, 09:13:24 am »

Sounds fine. Which of the Four Duchies do you want to go to as a count? Yshuis? Gynfer? Arnmarch? Royal Demesne?

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 09, 2018, 01:13:00 pm »

Yshuis seems appropriate.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 10, 2018, 10:35:18 am »

Nomus Redpaw The Radpaw dynasty is cursed, The name of many dukes and kings, our name was known and feared as behind him stood armies, Those days are long gone, our ranks shrinks from assassins and battle, infertility and disease took their toll on this glorious dynasty, I am the last free man, my sons disappeared serving my cousin from the wold in his last battle and I'm an old man, death is trying to get me and my name, But I won't let him, the Redpaw will live for eternity even if I will need to live with it.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2018, 01:12:57 pm by Rockeater »
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 31, 2018, 08:42:58 am »

Ghaz asked on Discord for suggestions for southern kingdoms. We have these so far:

Theocracy of Exelium: Claiming to be the true spiritual successors of the Godslayer, the Patriarchs of Exelium are not directly related to him, but rather claim to have inherited his spirit. They are fanatic followers of Exe (pronounced ee-ecks-ee), god of thunder and mysteries, to the extent that other cults are heavily persecuted, with Exelium being all-but monotheistic. Naturally, they have designs on recreating the old High Kingdom under their divine leadership.
Primary export: Salt

Grand Duchy of Velderen: A rare nation not ruled by someone claiming to be the heir of the Godslayer, Velderen is an 'upstart' state founded when a disgruntled noble broke away from his king to form an independent duchy. Gerald Ijzerhand was a military genius, meaning his numerically inferior armies were able to not only defend his duchy's independence, but secure a very favourable peace deal with his former liege wherein large amounts of territory were conceded, making the now self-styled 'Grand Duchy' a formidable state. Gerald managed to expand his realm more at the expense of his neighbours thanks to his superbly drilled, almost full-time army. His heirs have continued his legacy of investing heavily in the military, and maintaining a high standard of discipline- supplementing their income by renting out state-sponsored mercenaries.
Primary export: Mercenaries

Kingdom of Thym: A kingdom of moderate size, ruled as so many are by a descendent of the Godslayer. Its capital, the titular Thym, is a large city, surrounded by strong walls that have not fallen to direct assault in over three centuries. The rest of the kingdom is distinctly average, however.
Primary export: Manufactured goods (cloth, glass)

Kingdom of Iages: A once-mighty kingdom, the disastrous reign of King Colomb 112 years ago saw its fortunes dashed in a few short years. After his inept leadership combined with insistence on personally leading the army lost a war with the Kingdom of Thym, his tyrannical nature led to frequent revolts, including a particularly succesful one by the duke of Velderen that cost the kingdom not only the duchy itself, but also many of its richest territories. Despite this, Iages is still a major player in the politics of the region, primarily due to the kingdom's control over the Argent Mountain, which ensures the coffers rarely remain empty for long.
Primary export(s): Silver, wine.

Free City of Dulberg: Amidst the mish-mash of feudal states, dependencies and claimants to the High Kingdom, the people of the city of Dulberg govern themselves in a curious manner of a republic- it is the people and not a monarch that make the decisions (albeit it is the rich and privileged, not the common rabble.)
Being squeezed in between the states of Thym and the Velderen, Dulberg is both a neutral zone for various mercenaries, an oasis of peace during local wars and a haven for merchants looking to ply their trade free of fear and overt interference - all it takes is a toll at the city gates to have access to one of the biggest markets in this part of the world.
Unlike many trading cities, Dulberg is not a sea port, but lies on a river, not too far from the coast, where a dependent town of Velport is located and acts as the city's harbour. Surrounded by fairly fertile countryside and possessing tall strong walls, Dulberg resisted surrounding states with its wealth and ability to play off one king against another, often serving as kingmakers in the process. The patricians of Dulberg might not have many swords behind them, but their coffers are a thing to fear on their own.
Primary export: manufatured goods, exotic imports
Long Live United Forenia!

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2018, 02:40:24 pm »

Name: Athewald of Caskgran, Captain of the Red Company

Bio: Born in a small peasant village far to the southeast of Argas, the isolated region known as Caskgarn, Athewald assumed that he would live and die farming the same patch of dirt that he had been born on. Most of his childhood was spent in a state of rural poverty, but things changed when the Duchy of Hardenvalle and its neighbors went to war. The constant skirmishing and foraging of armies devastated the landscape and several villages were sacked for their meager stocks. His home was one such village that fell prey to hungry soldiers and at the tender age of 16 Athewald was left without a home or family. He joined the wandering bands of displaced peasants that dotted the countryside, and would have probably died destitute if the Red Company had not been passing by. A Free Company, one of the many mercenary companies employed in Caskgarn, fighting for whatever minor lordling could pay him. He joined up with the company and found both employment and a sense of purpose and brotherhood that had been missing from his life. Over the years he rose up from a frontline soldier to a officer as the Company traveled out of Caskgarn and towards Argas. Two years before it arrived the current Captain died and Athewald was voted to take his place. Now a hardbitten veteran of 35, Athewald offered the Companies services to the old king. The Company would be given a steady income and be allowed to both camp on the outskirts of Arg Caís and recruit from its populace. Now with the new king in charge Athewald looks to continue this deal and grow the Red Company's strength.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]