Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [Freeform, kind of] "Lucid Roleplaying"  (Read 2279 times)

Leodanny

• Bay Watcher
  • Ah
    • View Profile
Re: [Freeform, kind of] "Lucid Roleplaying"
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2018, 02:05:26 pm »

"are they sharp swords?"
"also should I say things louder? Also, art makes my brain hurt. got any plant exhibits? I want to meet some buddies"

seeing as i like potatoes, i should probably be a sentient bag of potatoes, or maybe some potato mash?
find plant section. debate reasons to free my comrades.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2018, 03:17:38 am »

"Christ, now I have to actually work on the Holodeck. Unless he makes stuffs up I guess."

Cinder proceeds to the exhibit. There are many rooms in the area. It would seem that they're modeled to portray various scenes. The first one seems to be a cave with cavemen staring at the visitors and roasting some food. Cinder accepts a haunch from one of them and begins gnawing on it. He points at one of the vaguely many passages in the cavern to Leodanny, presumably somewhere with plants.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2018, 07:21:11 am »

"I thought you said this would be a art exhibit, not a museum."
Starts poking the cave man.
"There are no signs saying that I can't."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2018, 10:26:41 am »

I grab a walkie-talkie, then after everyone is sufficently ahead of me I skip forward to follow them. 
"I am going to look around and try to see if they have an ancient Mesopotamia exhibit. The Akkadians in particular were a very interesting people." 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2018, 12:40:28 pm »

"Awww, why isn't anything happening yet? I wanna play siege of hephaestus!"

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2018, 11:46:57 am »

I accept a chunk of meat from one of the cavemen.

"Huh. What is this, mammoth?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2018, 05:42:24 am »

((Just FYI, this isn't, or shouldn't, be a typical GM-mediated freeform. Feel free to make shit up on your own or for other people so that I don't have to rack my brain trying to think of how to be weird and random.))
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2018, 05:49:35 am »

Cave Room

"Eh, what kind of art would you expect in this sort of thing? I'm not going to fill it with edgy paintings or something," I say between bites of the meat which tasted good despite likely having horrible hygiene standards.

The cave man pokes King Zultan back.

The meat tasted to FoU like an ancient form of mystery meat.

High tyrol wanders off to find some more exhibits while I google up something interesting.

VR Room

Lines stretch to infinity from where Egan_BW stand, his walkie-talkie beeps.

"Siege of Hephaestus? So that involves sieging and Hephaestuses, right? I guess maybe some dice-rolling too so that there's some actual gameplay..." I say from the walkie-talkie.

He finds himself standing on a battlement of a castle's wall, overlooking a wasteland. Tents dot the landscape, the decor vaguely demonic and Evil. He finds himself being a normal human... demigod, whatever. There are weapon racks that he can pick weapons from.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2018, 10:25:35 am »

"Neat its one of those interactive exhibits, and what was that about edgy art, because now that I have heard of it I need to see it."
I leave the group in search of the edgy art.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2018, 01:56:58 pm »

((Just FYI, this isn't, or shouldn't, be a typical GM-mediated freeform. Feel free to make shit up on your own or for other people so that I don't have to rack my brain trying to think of how to be weird and random.))

"Why are you talking in double parentheses? Isn't that basically against the concept of lucid roleplaying? We are already lucid, we no longer have to pretend that we don't know what's happening outside."

"Now, this siege does not look quite like how I remember. Where are the swarms of Altered and soldiers with guns? Though, I suppose that technically that version wasn't very historically accurate... hmm."

At this, a herd of flying masses of meat the size of semitrucks appear over the horizon. ER grabs a Gauss Cannon, a massive piece of hardware that is frankly quite impractical for most situations. Oh and it's loaded with nukes.

Meanwhile ER grabs a d6 and rolls it.

[3]
Pages: 1 2 [3]