Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cube Insanity (SG) — Elephants Disguised as Zebras?  (Read 573 times)

Markrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cube Insanity (SG) — Elephants Disguised as Zebras?
« on: June 07, 2018, 06:01:35 am »

You wake up in a strange and unknown room, your vision blurry and your ears ringing. Everything appears to be almost dazzlingly white. As your giddiness fades, you are able to see the scarce details of what seems to be a futuristic cell: it's simply a white, cubic room. The only peculiarity is a black grid which takes up the whole floor, composed of four rows and four columns.

You frantically look around in search of a way out and, after that research proves to be vain, of anything that could at least help you understand what the hell is going on. Nothing, this room is as empty as... your mind. You curl up in a corner, elbows on your knees and forehead resting on your hands. You've spent roughly half and hour in here and you already feel worn out mentally and physically. Maybe this is like the Hyperbolic Time Chamber? Well, it's like a dollar store version of it...

Without you even noticing, the top left square of the grid lights up, and a purple shine fills the room. Someone else is about to enter this place. Who is it? (You decide! Nothing that can't even fit in this room, or that would instantly destroy the universe. Those seem to be the only rules written here...)
Also, since we're here, just who are you? I know that you are a human, and that the current year on your planet is 2018, but I'd like to know what your profession was, at the very least.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 02:58:54 pm by Markrath »

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cube Insanity (SG)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 09:06:13 am »

Name: Blare
Profession: Mad Scientist
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 11:03:30 am »

The thing that appears is a Zebra.

Name: Harold Goldstein
Profession: Accountant
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Markrath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 02:56:38 pm »

The thing that appears is a Zebra.

Name: Harold Goldstein
Profession: Accountant
A hole in your head is mysteriously filled, as you finally remember who you are: Harold Goldstein, a twenty-six-year-old accountant from New York. But does that really even matter anymore? All you have left to hope is that this is just a silly dream...

Hold on a second, what the hell is that in the middle of the room? A shock of fear and adrenaline makes you spring up and, pushed against the wall, you examine the creature: it's some sort of... small striped elephant? It's facing you with what seems to be a hairy trunk, and it's scraping the ground with its hooves, whilst looking around rather uninterested, wiggling his hairy trunk around, seemingly unfazed by the sudden teleportation.

The moment in which you realise that it's just a zebra, and that its "hairy trunk" was just its tail is... well, embarrassing, to say the least. You clench your teeth in shame as you move closer to inspect the creature, hoping to find some useful information. As expected, it's a pretty unremarkable animal, except for the sly look on its face. It doesn't have any message carved on its skin as you had kind of wished. Maybe you'll have to look behind its "trunk" for some substantial material, but you hope it doesn't come to that.

(Man, have you always been this stupid? No way, something's wrong with your head. Any conjecture you formulate now won't exactly change reality, but it might affect your way of interpreting it.
As you're looking at the animal with your mouth wide open for no particular reason, the square to the right of the purple one begins radiating a green light... who is it?
)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:00:16 pm by Markrath »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cube Insanity (SG) — Elephants Disguised as Zebras?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 02:20:46 am »

I'm not stupid I know all kinds of things.

The person that represented by the green light is the Michelin Man.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?