Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HprBltz [SG]  (Read 1006 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
HprBltz [SG]
« on: May 30, 2018, 09:56:13 pm »

The portcullis of the coliseum closes behind you, and the roar of the audience booms from above. As you step forward into the light, their cheers are cut off with a gasp. The Knight of Mirrors: to them, you must be a brilliant thing to behold. Your footsteps echo across the silent stage, allowing for a final moment of contemplation. You never imagined this would be the final trial. If you do not succeed, all those years of training will have been for nothing.

You grip your Silver Hookstaff with determination. Let it guide you to your foe and your salvation.
You hold your Glass Buckler up to the light. Let it save you when you need it the most.
You wind the Scintillating String. A gift from the Goddess; let it have the strength she promised.

You stand in the center of the sun-baked arena. From the tunnel before you, you hear their cries long before you see their gleaming eyes.
The horde is coming. You stand ready. You will not fail her again.

Dragging its twisted club behind it, an ogre lumbers into view. It towers before you, a looming mass of vile flesh and bone.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: HprBltz [SG]
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 11:48:33 pm »

Run behind the ogre and try and trip it with the hookstaff.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 12:22:48 pm »

((It feels bad to bump, but an SG on page 2 isn't going to get any posts.))
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2018, 10:23:20 pm »

Run behind the ogre and try and trip it with the hookstaff.
+1

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2018, 10:40:59 pm »

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 11:50:15 pm »

Use the hookstaff to vault into the air, then smack the fallen ogre in the head while falling.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 12:39:57 pm »

Rbhthortrtrptththhoot

Rbhtop

Lifting an arm to the sky, you exert your magic to recover any lost equipment. Having all your equipment already, however, you find the effort is fruitless. The ogre sizes you up with its beady eyes and drags its club to its side.

You raise your Buckler in anticipation of the blow. You are too eager: The ogre has only now lifted its club above its head.

You pull your Hookstaff from out of its sheathe and swing it into the ogre's bloated body. It sinks deep into its side, and you pull with all your might. The sturdy ogre gives you no ground, and you end up being pulled adjacent to it! Simultaneously, the ogre brings down its massive club, but you fling yourself out of its way, back to the center of the arena. You scramble to your feet, but until you restore your composure, you doubt you'll be able to pull that off again.

You tether the magic String to the sandy floor of the arena, preventing it from being undone by your opponents. However, since nothing is bound inside it, your effort is for naught. Frustrated by your escape, the ogre drags the club back to its side.

You turn your attention fully to the ogre, and with a lunge and a swing, plant a punch straight into its swollen stomach. Your fist connects just as the ogre begins to raise its club. With a shudder, it drops its arm back down, and the club returns to its original position.

Your movements done for now, you back away to catch your breath and regain your composure. The ogre's club drops back behind it as it attempts to keep up. Just as you begin to plan your next advance, you notice a figure in the tunnel approaching the edge of the arena. You should dispatch of the ogre quickly, before you have two opponents to keep an eye on.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:26:36 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 03:22:50 pm »

Oh.

Well that's interesting.
R=raise?
b=buckler?
h=hookstaff?
t=?
o=ogre?
p=punch?

It looks like we have an unusual control scheme to deal with here.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2018, 12:51:59 pm »

((Bump))
Money!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2018, 01:46:32 pm »

horb thot
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2018, 02:21:53 pm »

Edited the last action of the previous entry because I made a mistake.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 02:27:00 pm by Tomasque »
Money!

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2018, 07:02:22 pm »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 05:41:58 pm »

horbthot

hob

You swing your Hookstaff into the side of the ogre once more. With a foul cry, it collapses to the ground. The beast is no more.

Since the rest of your planned moves would be pointless without an opponent, you take the moment of solace to catch your breath and take inventory. Your Hookstaff - though covered with blood - is undamaged, and your Buckler doesn't have a scratch on it. Your String, however, is still magically tethered to the ground and will need to be recovered before you can use it again. A movement in the corner of your eye catches your attention: From the dark tunnel emerges a skeletal archer, scraps of flesh still clinging to its dry bones. Behind it, a familiar creature looms in the darkness.
Money!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2018, 02:58:44 am »

bahh