Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: On-site king excludes all other noble positions (bug?) [RESOLVED]  (Read 461 times)

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile

Recently one of my dwarves in my new fortress (>1 year old) became king of our dying civ. Now, for some reason, I can't assign any noble positions. When I pull up the 'n'obles screen all I get is this:

FWIW the new king used to be my expedition leader/manager/bookkeeper/broker/chief medical. However, in his thoughts and prefs screen he is listed as the "former broker etc." of my fortress, meaning he doesn't still hold those positions; and in any case I hadn't assigned a militia commander/hammerer/sheriff, so why would those disappear?

I've tried save/quit/reload, that hasn't fixed it. I'm going to just let some time pass and see if it works itself out; if that fails I'll try retire/unretire. I don't want to lose this fort, it's got plenty of steel-ingredients and plenty of elves to use them on.

EDIT: Okay, I let more time pass, and eventually someone else claimed the Expedition Leader post, and now I can assign nobles as usual. Guess it's not a bug after all, I'm just impatient.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:49:34 pm by Loam »
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • ミク ミク にしてあげる
    • View Profile
Re: On-site king excludes all other noble positions (bug?) [RESOLVED]
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 09:40:39 pm »

Right, it is the expedition leader/mayor the one that actually appoints the administrators, the king is not involved in local government.