Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The Cycle - IC-Thread - First Cycle - Turn 1  (Read 2094 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cycle - IC-Thread - First Cycle - Turn 1
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2018, 09:23:41 am »

The will of the Star Spirit and of the Emperor drive the Solar People to expansion. Not at all costs, like some nations, but to the limit they can reasonably sustain with their technology.
In the process, the Morrigna begin to develop the realisation that there may be other sapient, civilised, even spacefaring creatures in the universe. In response to this development, two factions emerge — not in opposition, though, but working together to accomplish the same goal, the Star Spirit's promise, by different means.
On the one hand, the ranks of philosopher-priests develop what might be called a "xenophilic" ethos, establishing houses of learning across the Solar Empire to study the stars and the biology of alien life, speculative linguistics to aid future communication, and any other field that bears some tangential connection to spreading the Good News of the Stars to the stars. Their first order of business, as ordered by the Solar Emperor itself, is to prepare the Great Work, a concentration of the most crucial parts of the Solar Orthodoxy as it has developed over the centuries into a single archive designed to be translated for propagation among every people the Solar People might encounter.
On the other hand, the ranks of crusader-monks, long since reformed into the Empire's internal defensive force, see the opportunity for new crusades to begin and form a new commitment to militarism, with the goal of gaining the loyalty of fiercer, less-diplomatic peoples through shows of force, yet hoping to minimise the needless loss of life. New martial schools crop up across the Solar Empire to train volunteers to become the Solar People's future conquistadors, while at the same time the highest levels of the monastic hierarchy begin their own project ordered by the Solar Emperor, an intense new training system and bible of military strategy focusing primarily on the unfamiliar grounds of space-based combat. Now that the Solar People live under more than one sun, they seek to keep at the forefront of military readiness in these changing times.

The Stars are Strength! The Stars are Unity!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 09:46:00 am by Maximum Spin »

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2018, 05:06:33 pm »

The many losses sustained by the Crith encouraged a new system of conflict resolution. Their aggression is channeled into a ritualistic and non-lethal form of combat (usually a one-on-one duel) that allows the victor to claim complete ownership of the loser for a pre-determined amount of time. The loser can only challenge the victor after that amount of time has passed in order to regain his freedom.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 12:07:47 pm by Leonardo8 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2018, 06:33:21 pm »

-For the Darmoni

Weary of the wars their makers forced them into, or at least of the expectation that they would fight in one should they ever be "asked" to, the Darmoni decide that should they find a sapient species, they will attempt to enter peaceful relations with them. Violence and warfare will only be used as a last resort.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 06:37:14 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2018, 06:58:29 am »

>Action Target: Thanuqa Theocracy

The Theocrats, seemingly bereft of disasters in the first time in ages, sees their current state as a golden age. The council of Archpriess, convinced by vote and debate, order for the creation of a method of quickly navigating the stars. It had become a point of debate for many: was every world so disaster-prone as Thanuqa, or was it simply particularly damned? After a period of considering possibilities, they eventually decide to approve the 'Adaunk Method' (freelancer gates).

>Action Target:,Diqui-Yue Coalition

Continued social contact between the Incilatro and Cynn result in a working warp drive. Invariably, the Cynn begin taking on a...junior role to the Incilatro, even as the respect between the species continues.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2018, 10:14:54 am »

The new found wealth of the Kiaurist brought with it jealously, paranoia and raiding.  For once the clans could see what each other had and even with everyone benefiting, some did so more.  Fear of being forced into subservient roles brought activity rather then warfare though, now that a new frontier was available.  Thousands of the hardy survivors took to space, developing methods to live long term in the harsh environments in small communities on stations, barren moons and harsh worlds.  While there was no means to travel to other stars, soon every body in their home system had small tribes on or above them, making out small livings and learning and adapting to another difficult task.

The Athouricus "nation" expands and builds up space and planet habitats throughout their home system, learning new methods for long term void survival and creating the basis for a system wide industry and economy.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2018, 12:06:40 pm »

(Will edit in an action when I get time later this afternoon noon. If I have not done so by the time you update, I'll just pass for this turn. Don't let me hold this up.)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2018, 09:54:40 pm »

Posting too watch.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher