Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hard material reagents  (Read 684 times)

Ninjabread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hard material reagents
« on: March 27, 2018, 02:40:23 pm »

So I decided I'd try my hand at modding something small into the game to make trading in adventure mode more viable: whittled & sculpted crafts, made from branches and small rocks (was originally also going to add totems but apparently there's no way to differentiate skulls from other [USE_BODY_COMPONENT] items in vanilla). Whittling works just fine and is basically a copy/paste of bone crafts with the reagents copy/pasted from helves, the word "bone" replaced with "branch", and the skill switched to woodcrafting, but I decided sculpting stone should require a hammer & chisel, and it mostly works. I can do the reactions just fine, there's just this one problem I'm having. The game clearly recognises that the hammer is supposed to be a blunt hard item, it even says it at the top of the screen in the crafting menu, but this doesn't stop my adventurer from using his llama wool sock as a hammer. I'm using [HARD_ITEM_MATERIAL] to specify that it should not use soft items such as clothes, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong? Figurine reaction below for reference.

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:SCULPT_STONE_FIGURINE]
[NAME:sculpt stone figurine]
[ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
[REAGENT:stone:1:ROCK:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[NO_EDGE_ALLOWED]
[REAGENT:chisel:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT][HAS_EDGE]
[REAGENT:hammer:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE]
[PRESERVE_REAGENT][NO_EDGE_ALLOWED][HARD_ITEM_MATERIAL]
[PRODUCT:100:1:FIGURINE:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:stone:NONE]
[PRODUCT_TOKEN:figurine]
[SKILL:KNAPPING]
[CATEGORY:ADV_STONE_SCULPTING]
[CATEGORY_NAME:Sculpt stone]
[CATEGORY_DESCRIPTION:Make crafts from stone using a hammer and chisel.]

EDIT:
A little more testing has revealed that it is specifically wool clothing that can be used as a hammer, and presumably other wool items too

EDIT 2:
Possible culprit found, in the materials raw hair has the [ITEMS_HARD] tag, presumably wool uses that, not sure what I'm about to break by deleting it but there's only one way to find out

EDIT 3:
Yeah it's fixed now, and it doesn't seem to have had any repercussions in adventure mode as far as I can tell
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:14:04 pm by Ninjabread »

scamtank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hard material reagents
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 01:04:27 am »

e: wait no you did just that what I was about to suggest, heh, never mind

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 02:50:35 pm »

...Why the heck does raw hair have the [ITEMS_HARD] tag?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Ninjabread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2018, 04:32:36 pm »

...Why the heck does raw hair have the [ITEMS_HARD] tag?
The way I see it given that there are absolutely zero AM ramifications, either it was a typo and it was supposed to be soft, or it was so it wouldn't be considered fleshy for the purposes of rotting, or Toady got really into his research again and found out that hooves, nails, and horns are all made of hair scratch that I just checked the raws, hooves are a material, horns are considered hooves, and nails have their own material too, it's either a typo, a "this is not flesh" body part tag, or its purpose is beyond mortal understanding

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2018, 05:03:09 pm »

its purpose is beyond mortal understanding

I'm gonna go with that one, yeah.
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.