Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tales from a new realm [IC]  (Read 676 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Tales from a new realm [IC]
« on: March 09, 2018, 12:23:52 pm »

First to this new realm came the great tree Xophargyphel, who was followed in by an incarnation of the various Acters floating about the Exoverse...
Next came lu, followed by the Astroketos.
Finally upon this world came Bilelex, and with his entrance the universe sealed itself off to new enterees for now...

Spoiler: Xophargyphel (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Acter Nobody (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Lu (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Astroketos (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bilelex (click to show/hide)
OOC
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
Re: Tales from a new realm [IC]
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2018, 01:20:22 pm »

Bilelex flies around the lifeless planet, waiting for the first life to be born.

Do nothing for this turn.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Xvareon

• Bay Watcher
  • Alias: Setokaiva
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2018, 08:26:56 pm »

I fall, cold and directionless through the void, with neither prayers nor force backed by any will to arrest my descent. Yet as I enter this strange new realm, the warmth of sunlight tickling my senses, I finally notice the subtle pull of gravity tugging at the amalgamated mass of rock and petrified matter that is the comet containing my form. I crash upon a barren world without song, without life, without change.

THIS MUST NOT STAND.

-----

[Minor acts]
1: Create a batch of enchanted, fast-growing "Lethither" flowers that spread sleep-inducing pollen in the air, which coats solid objects that it touches a faint orange. The flowers themselves are a vibrant display of purple, white, and pink in random patches, with orange-and-yellow stamens in the center.
2: Create a pop of enchanted "Goura" bees easily the size of a human's fist, colored a deep orange with flecks of red. They are meant to harvest the flowers (they are immune to the pollen's effects) and create life-giving honey from them that can both nourish and heal living beings. Their sting induces a deep slumber, and can cause the Lethither flowers to grow from the bodies of organic beings, so as to assimilate them and produce more honey.
3: Create some mundane trees for the bees to live in. Nothing too special, think ash, oak, and alder trees as a start.

(( I know this will cut into my Essence by 1. I don't mind. This planet deserves Life. If I must sacrifice my body, then I shall. ))

Leonardo8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2018, 10:56:03 pm »

An entire universe with only one star? This is so sad... said Astroketos, singing his pain.He knew his power was not enough to suddenly fill the universe with light, but maybe it was enough to start making a difference. So he took a bit of star matter into his mouth and infused life into it, shaping it incredibly big seed. Then he spitted it into the vast darkness of space. It was the first Stargrape, a mystical, humongous tree whose fruit were stars, capable of disseinating light across the universe. Astrokestos song was now an happy one

Stargrape: mystical trees, similar to coconut palms capable of growing  the void of space, when their fruits get too big they detatch and became stars. From there small sapling of Stargrapes emerge and are pushed away when the stars experience eruptions. Different qualities of Stargrape became different kind of stars /b]
I assume it should be 2 acts, since it's one magical plant population but it is a very big and powerful one. If it costs more than i pay with essence. I need some stars to be a god of after all

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2018, 12:33:47 am »

Hmn... *scratches chin*
Room for improvement. Let's get to work prepping this place for the mortals.

Let's get as much water down as I can for a single Act, as much grass as I can for the same, and as many trees as I can put down for my full minor act allowance.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2018, 09:39:52 pm »

Lu looked at the world and saw it was without sapient creatures. There was not strength or violence or any of the primal elements that Lu represents.

Lu decided to fix that. Using his divine power, he created on population unit of the Vobii.

The Vobii are crocodilian humanoids standing almost twelve feet tall, have two sets of arms, and six eyes. The Vobii are muscular mortals with a tendency towards violence. They are carnivorious creatures who have a love of hunting, warfare, and sport. Their social structure is quite odd. While great numbers often live in the same area, they are solitary creatures by nature and tend to move around, with individuals wandering to and away from the main area fairly often. They often organize small physcial games and tend to wrestle with each other for sport. This also happens to be their main form of hunting, where they wrestle prey to the ground, or preferably, into the water, using their powerful sets of arms and vicelike jaws.

Lu places his crocodile people near the new water. They're they will prosper and hunt in the various water holes, lakes, and rivers of the world.

Lu then creates as a species of large swift and meaty heard animals called Rezles. Rezles eat all manner of vegetation and are immune to the sleep inducing effect of lethither pollen.

(Sorry it took me so long and that it's a bit frazzled).