Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Performance Troupes?  (Read 1642 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Performance Troupes?
« on: March 02, 2018, 02:28:25 pm »

Performance Troupes are occasionally announced as arriving, and their members are not, so without access to legends info you'd have to deduce who and how many they are based on which visitors that are not listed in the announcements. Some time later you may get a request for residency for that performance troupe (again, without listing the members). I have never accepted such petitions, but if I was, what would I approve of?
a) The troupe members that entered the map are granted residence; or
b) All members of the troupe are granted residence, so in the case more members would show up later they'd automatically join; or
c) Something else?

What happens later? Will they apply for citizenship as individual (as per normal performers), as some kind of group, or remain residents (as mercs, but not even usable as cannon fodder)?

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Performance Troupes?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2018, 09:07:07 am »

In my experience they all petition for citizenship individually. They tend to do so consecutively, though, so it often keeps your mayor/whoever busy for a decent while.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2018, 09:36:34 am »

So far as I understand, when the troupe positions to stay, it's the entire troupe that's there, but I've only had it happen once.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2018, 07:25:43 am »

Right, residence is granted to the entire group, but citizenship is granted individually. You can sort of break apart troupes that way.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2018, 07:51:08 am »

Thanks, that's a useful bit of info. I've never refused citizenship to anyone yet (not even the human I accidentally accepted because he had the same first name as the one I actually wanted to accept; I accepted the desired one as well, only to have him killed by something).

Edit: What happens if you reject a citizenship petition? Will they remain as residents or will that status be revoked?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:04:00 am by PatrikLundell »

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2018, 11:52:54 am »

I seem to recall reading that rejecting long-term residency petitions results in most visitors leaving, and I can vouch for that with personal experience. However, by the time I have any citizenship petitions, I've usually given up keeping track of who comes from where. I tend to have quite a few visitors in my forts.