Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [CRAZED] not working with transformations?  (Read 725 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
[CRAZED] not working with transformations?
« on: February 19, 2018, 09:05:29 pm »

Been trying to test the latest iteration of my plump helmet plague, but I'm having some difficulty.

My modified Plump Helmet Men have the [CRAZED] tag. Through a series of escalating spore emissions, friendly dwarves can be transformed into Plump Helmet Men, who are in turn supposed to go berserk, start attacking with spores, and potentially start a cascading infection.

Problem is, I've spawned my dwarves all on the same "side" in the Arena - so they'll mill about in a friendly manner coughing at each other - and when someone finally does turn, there are no hostilities.

Are "sides" in the Arena just hard-coded, or does [CRAZED] not work in the arena? Has [CRAZED] been misbehaving in fort mode lately?
DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
Re: [CRAZED] not working with transformations?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 09:31:47 pm »

CRAZED and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE stuff doesn't work right in Arena because it has it's own team and faction setup. you'll have to test with Dogs or Cats at embark to see it truly in action

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 11:47:21 am »

CRAZED and OPPOSED_TO_LIFE stuff doesn't work right in Arena because it has it's own team and faction setup. you'll have to test with Dogs or Cats at embark to see it truly in action

Alright, thanks, I'll try that.

Follow up question, so long as I'm failing in the Arena; I tried to give Fly Men an injection bite attack, removing [ENTERS_BLOOD] so that it'll just puke the acid all over a surface. However, it seems to have no effect. Is this another arena foible or is SYN_CONTACT just dicey? It shouldn't be, as I got horses to transform using unicorn blood...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 04:55:07 pm »

I think enters_blood is supposed to make it transmisable through contact with an infected creatures blood, actually. It could be that theyre actually injecting it into the target anyway, at which point it doesnt count as being in contact and has to be triggered by syn_injected. Should work every time on proper contact though. Make sure their bites actually spitting the substance onto the target, i guess. If it lands on clothes then it wont take effect; it has to have direct skin contact.

Oh, if their bite attack is too weak to penetrate skin, then the venom will definitely be spread over the skin. Ive seen that happen sometimes. But they wont be able to penetrate clothing or armor of any sort then, either.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 05:00:20 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 07:13:36 pm »

Looks like I found the problem. The test dwarf was beating my fly man to death before the acid could kick in...