Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anyway to get my dwarves to continue digging through warm stone?  (Read 1162 times)

aloneinforest

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Anyway to get my dwarves to continue digging through warm stone?
« on: February 21, 2018, 02:52:20 pm »

that's it. wiki says its unalterable currently and was wondering if its been implemented in any mods that I might be able to install to get them to continue digging without having to go back through every tile and redesignate it

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anyway to get my dwarves to continue digging through warm stone?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2018, 03:12:03 pm »

Not to my knowledge. I work around the issue through two means:
1. Advanced world gen so I get 2 levels between caverns and 3 between the 3:rd cavern and the magma sea. That provides space to dig over/under the features without triggering the de-designation.
2. Careful dig order so as much as possible is revealed (and thus is "free" to dig) at a time.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2018, 04:18:56 pm »

take a look at announcements.txt
Might be an option in there.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2018, 04:22:07 pm »

take a look at announcements.txt
Might be an option in there.
I think the best you can do there is stop it pausing. You still have to redesignate tiles.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2018, 07:07:41 pm »

It's a bit convoluted, but I think you could use DFHack's reveal command, dig the revealed warm tiles without any cancellations, then unreveal to hide the map followed by revflood to re-reveal the recently-dug tiles. (Instead of revflood you could dig a new tile near the dug-but-unrevealed tiles, which should trigger a local reveal.)

Alternatively, it appears that DFHack's tiletypes command "paint hidden 0" can directly reveal the warm tiles  prior to digging. (Or after unreveal.) That command is a little less user-friendly, though.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 07:23:37 pm by Loci »