Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I got some ideas for creatures in good and evil aligned areas.  (Read 576 times)

JadeToad

• Bay Watcher
  • Shells and rocks are cool!
    • View Profile
I got some ideas for creatures in good and evil aligned areas.
« on: February 14, 2018, 05:46:27 pm »

i was a little bothered by the lack of unique creatures in good and evil biomes, so i made these up
Nymph: like fairies and pixies but big as a human. they are like animal people as they can speak and join civilizations. they come in groups and have the ability to fly
Pegasus: like unicorns, but with wings. they can be tamed and come in elven sieges.
Spiky Shambler: like fluffy wamblers, except larger and more aggressive.
Golem: a large humanoid made of stone. it isnt that agressive, but it has decent strength and isn't easily taken down.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I got some ideas for creatures in good and evil aligned areas.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 09:18:40 pm »

You can add creatures through modding, and there are packages full of new exotic extra creatures you can enhance your game with. Dwarf Fortress is an extremely customizable game, if you need a pegasus, just add one.

I wouldn't normally respond to a Suggestion with 'you can mod this', but I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve with this one. I'd be absolutely amazed if Toady had never heard of a pegasus, a golem or a nymph.

Made-up stuff like the Spiky Shambler is the kind of thing we're likely to see when critters are more procedurally generated. Hopefully during one of the mythgen releases (which plans to remove good and evil biomes in place of something more granular anyhow).