Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What does control the caravan's contents?  (Read 474 times)

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What does control the caravan's contents?
« on: February 11, 2018, 10:41:36 am »

Hello everybody,

I was playing the All Races Playable mod and found myself wanting to ask to my goblin civilization liaison some goods that are not available.
In particular I wished to buy more Trolls and Beak Dogs (Wagon pullers in this mod) but I couldn't, even if I could have them at embark. I'm ok with it, I even had working breeding pairs at the embark.

But this made me wonder as a modder wannabe:
How do the different civilization's caravans decide what to bring?
Maybe I just searched bad, but I couldn't find info on the topic, while there are marvelous mods around with lots of different entities.

Are there ways to control the caravan's content? Why do elves always bring lots of animals (the ones they have access to) and goblin never? Is it just that Trolls and Beak Dog are not marked [PET] or [EXOTIC_PET]?

How can I influence the caravan's traded goods for my own modded civs, entities, creatures? Does it depend by their settlement type too?

PS: is this the right place for questions or should I have posted this in some modding questions thread?
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page