Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Regarding Reload  (Read 432 times)

Kamdiere

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB:SPINERATOR]
    • View Profile
Regarding Reload
« on: February 06, 2018, 01:28:57 am »

'Lo all. I signed up because A: It's about damn time; and B: Questions regarding some modding I've been tinkering with.

Most pressing at the moment is where I can find the bits that handle reloading ammo and how fast it is. Optimally I want to make it faster, significantly so with higher skill (apparently it only gets up to *1.7 at Lvl 14, pitiful), and open up ranged attackers to so-called opportunity attacks (the ! attacks) so that if they're dumb enough to shoot into melee, they'll pay for it rather than just standing around for a month and a day. Since I can't seem to find anything other than attacks with bows/crossbow/bolts/arrows/et cetera as melee weapons, rather than anything related to actually firing. So, mind lending me a hand?

Thoughts of an adventurer who stabs people with crossbow bolts and arrows to death while throwing at anything not in reach...
Performing oral sex is like thinking rationally: all humans are technically capable of doing so, but most can't do it well and few choose to do so on a daily basis.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Reload
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2018, 01:33:15 am »

No way to adjust whatsoever, bizarrely.

Kamdiere

• Bay Watcher
  • [PERMITTED_JOB:SPINERATOR]
    • View Profile
Re: Regarding Reload
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 01:36:29 am »

Really?? That is bizarre! I guess I'll just throw crossbow bolts with 1:1 wind-up/recovery time. Well, thanks.
Performing oral sex is like thinking rationally: all humans are technically capable of doing so, but most can't do it well and few choose to do so on a daily basis.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.