Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 0/6?  (Read 514 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The dead void (A sci fi SG) 0/6?
« on: February 02, 2018, 08:19:26 pm »

-----------------The dead void-----------------
Renegade fugitives in the stars

You wake with your head pounding and vision blurry, the after effects of the liquid cosh.
Across from you is, row of people, each hooded and bound in straight jacket to the seats.
You try to move your arms and a chain rattles.

At last in dawns on you, a prisoner awaiting transport to somewhere.

The guards are a pair of the proverbial ugly shaven headed jackboot wearing brutes.

“Hold it, you’ve got one.” you hear as another man half shove a young woman in to the across from you seat.
“No, she not on the manifest, you know the rules.” your guard starts to complain.
“Shove you’re manifest up your arse, she overdue a mindwipe this one.”
“bb-But she’s a psi drone, should be on ice.”
“Look sunshine, this ship's going to the reprocessing plant an so’s she.
 Asteria here's got a brain lock, see?” he pinches her pale cheek.
“You take her or you can take it up with the boss.”

She sits there across from you, her face is blank, doll like with glassy blue eyes.
The left side of her head is shaved and home to a braided steel cable that trails down to steel collar that rings her around her neck with green leds.

Without a clock or anything to see your not sure how much time passes but
One by one you see the lights go dim on Asteria’s collar and then she smiles.

Her eyes flash with purple light and you feel a fist shove knowledge in to your mind.
You hear a click clack as the chains unlock.
Then all hell breaks loose, the lights go out as everyone moves at once, the guard are takeled by three men each.
It’s almost like your on autopilot as you hammer the numbers in to the door keypad.

Then there's a bang, Asteria stare at you while blood gushes from from her neck.
...Tell her im sorry..funny dieing doesn't hurt like i thought...
As her eyes roll back, her body spasms as purple lighting tears it way out, ripping flesh apart like tissue paper.

Your mind feels lighter as you make your way to:

A: Armoury ( mini arms race here, describe your sci fi weapon in the post)
B: Escape Shuttles, there's a planet down there.
C: Control bridge, i'm sure it's not that hard to fly this thing.

Ok sheets time, im setting a hard limit or
Spoiler: blank form (click to show/hide)
You are:

1: Gene Warrior, built as soldier in the mould of macho man’s macho man (or woman) your blessed with 30 inch biceps, the ability to drink whiskey like water and all but walk off gunshot wounds.

2: Mondasian cyber cultist, the flesh is weak, steel is stronger.
A Prosthophile to the core, you mind is ready but body awaits range of bonic parts to transform you.

3: Rogue Psi, power of the mind.
Some how power is drawn to you from the other side, filling you from the crown to the toe, top-full as the strange glowing marking start to flow across your body.
The bad news is that you can feel it inside you, a hungry burning, wanting to escape.
You can draw on the power but wild and ever changing.
(This is the one where i roll a dice to see what happens.)

Notes, we’re running with “cinematic” reality here, The spaceships are there to look cool and make impressive whooshing noises in deep space.
People will carry hand weapons like “plasma whip” or antimatter-firing crossbows, and never mind how they work.

Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: The dead void (A sci fi SG) 0/6?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2018, 09:28:37 pm »

Choose option C.

Name: Geriam Tel
Sex: Indeterminate
Appearance: Half of their body is a patchwork of metallic parts, wiring and pistons, the other half is an old, decrepit organic human form.
Background: Mondasian cyber cultist ( are we in the Doctor Who universe? )
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2018, 10:04:31 pm »

Choose option C.

Name: Geriam Tel
Sex: Indeterminate
Appearance: Half of their body is a patchwork of metallic parts, wiring and pistons, the other half is an old, decrepit organic human form.
Background: Mondasian cyber cultist ( are we in the Doctor Who universe? )

Only vagely, i needed a name.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 04:29:40 am »

I'll give anyone elsea day or two to get a sheet in then we'll start.