Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sending militia out on missions - still traveling two seasons later?  (Read 2590 times)

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile

So, I sent my militia off to an abandoned fortress that was listed as "more than a day's journey" from my fort, and after quite a bit of time they've not returned, when prior their trips to said site were always swift and brought me back many books. 

I'm kinda wondering what's up with that - more odd is that two of the group did return already, but the rest havent.  Most annoyingly, my Militia Commander is among those who haven't returned, restricting me to protecting my fortress with just my guard squad when a siege came. 

Wondering if anyone might know what's going on, and how long it will be to see them again or be able to replace them, seeing as I can do very little with my military right now, lol. 
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

DoktaYut

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME:OCEAN_DEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: Sending militia out on missions - still traveling two seasons later?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 07:36:40 am »

Hmm... haven't quite had this problem the way you're describing it, and I've raided my local necromancer's tower for library-filling purposes more than a few times already. Only thing that's ever delayed them is someone being late to the party and leaving the map after everyone else has left, or half the squad being delayed with something else before departing; the countdown to return will not begin until everyone has left your map. You sure the two that "returned" actually simply never left?

That, and if you accidentally assigned them to look for a given artifact instead of raiding a site they may be chasing it around the world, hopping bars to find out where it is.
This is a Bay 12 Forum Post. Written on the item is a signature entitled Thoughts on Signatures, authored by Dokta Yut. It concerns the elaboration, selection and display of forum signatures. The writing is very concise, yet it has a touch of humor. Overall, the prose is not awful, but not very good either.

Evaris

• Bay Watcher
  • Random Bored Kitsune
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 02:06:52 pm »

Well, I was able to replace them after the siege finished with random otherdwarfs, though there's still been no reports or anything of the dwarves that haven't shown.   So.. that's odd.
Orichalcum Dwarf Fortress: An expansion mod giving extra realistic options to many un-and-underused materials in game.  [currently out of date, may be revived in the future]

Bauta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 03:23:32 pm »

You are not the only one , there seem to be a lot of raid related bugs going on with the current version. I recommend saving before sending people out, you know when they should come back based on the estimated time of travel, if they dont return load your old save.
_________
>Blacki loses his right arm, Blacki loses his left arm
>Blacki: I am badly injured, this phases me not
>Blacki bites the Goblin lasher in the throat and the injured part is cloven asunder