Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Unretiring a fort?  (Read 787 times)

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Unretiring a fort?
« on: January 22, 2018, 07:26:42 pm »

I wanted to retire/bring my fortress out of retirement. I've never done that. I was curious if I could get a human to write a necromancy book, then become a citizen. I wanted to play an Adventurer in this world for a while.

I spawned as a Dwarf at the Fortress. (the human didn't make it)

The lag was so bad, I retired the adventurer almost instantly. There were Elf merchants everywhere for some reason. Around 600 in fact. I didn't count.

I brought the fortress out of retirement immediately, & was presented with this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Erm. So I don't know if I should be reporting a bug, because I'm using LNP Alpha. But could this Not be from that? I shan't be able to go adventuring in this world unless I wish to abandon my fortress it would seem T_T

Any advice?
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Unretiring a fort?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 12:02:10 am »

Reported bug.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9176

Upload a save here. A fix for this gets attempted every so often, it's never fully worked yet.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 12:05:09 am by Shonai_Dweller »

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:50:39 am »

If there was ever a bug I could nominate as being highest priority, this would be it.  I completely understand if other people disagree, but having a clean transition between retiring and unretiring a fortress opens up a whole new level of game play.

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 05:19:09 am »

Cheerio & agreed.
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:24:12 am »

Damn, hadn't seen the merchpocalypse myself...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 10:12:04 pm »

Damn, hadn't seen the merchpocalypse myself...
One fortress I had was full of merchants other visitors and even the captain of the guard from the neighboring fortress was hanging out in the tavern.

Merchants were odd,  "...felt nothing after seeing the wagon die...". Some monstrous goings on while this fortress was retired.

But yeah, this really needs to be sorted out and brought to a playable state (I mean, it is playable, but having to start every unretire with 'apply magma to tavern' is just boring.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 10:13:47 pm by Shonai_Dweller »