Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having trouble turning dwarves into vampires.  (Read 418 times)

OpulantContraption36

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Having trouble turning dwarves into vampires.
« on: January 24, 2018, 03:30:20 am »

Hello!

I’ve recently decided to turn most of my dwarves into vampires,after hearing that undead raised by allied necromancers are hostile to other necromancers in fortress mode.

However,I’ve been experiencing trouble.

I’ve made a 2 block high pit,put a spike trap in it,then ordered my resident vampire to walk in.
Then I bled her,making a spattering of blood,and designated the pit as a pond.
However,the water isn’t stagnant despite having vampire blood in it.

I initially thought putting the water first,then bleeding her would solve the problem. That didn’t work either. The water still doesn’t say it’s stagnant or laced with blood,even when it’s red when viewed from the tile above.

Even when I designated a well and let dwarves drink it,no one turned.

Help?

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Having trouble turning dwarves into vampires.
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 03:12:19 pm »

I did some research and found some threads:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=101251.msg2998479#msg2998479

https://www.reddit.com/r/dwarffortress/comments/q69ho/has_anyone_tried_forcibly_converting_the/

It appears you are doing it right. Cover the bottom of the cistern with vampire blood, then fill it with water. Build a well and make the area the ONLY water source. Cut off booze and wait.

EDIT: removed duplicate link.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Having trouble turning dwarves into vampires.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 05:26:25 pm »

Hello!

I’ve recently decided to turn most of my dwarves into vampires,after hearing that undead raised by allied necromancers are hostile to other necromancers in fortress mode.

What? That's not true. I just converted a whole fort into Nercromancers, and they only ever attacked non-necromancers.
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.