Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rename Stockpiles?  (Read 2582 times)

Hans Lemurson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Rename Stockpiles?
« on: September 03, 2010, 11:55:23 pm »

Is it possible to rename your stockpiles?  I personally don't find  "Stone Stockpile #11" to be particularly useful when it is in fact my primary ore stockpile and so is of no use to my masons.
Foolprooof way to penetrate aquifers of unlimited depth.  (Make sure to import at least 10 stones for mechanisms)
Toughen Dwarves by dropping stuff on them.  (Nothing too heavy though, and make sure to wear armor.)
"Urist had a little lamb
whose feet tracked blighted soot.
And into every face he saw
his sooty foot he put."

Proteus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rename Stockpiles?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2010, 01:32:11 am »

AFAIK no...
at least I never found a way, despite actively searching for such a possibility as well

candylord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 03:01:53 am »

You can always use the [N] key, I guess...
Statistically, one in twenty of us live next door to a pedophile. Not me though, I live next door to a stunning pair of seven year olds

LAERTEX

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 08:14:46 am »

Yes, you can!
Select the stockpile with "q", go to dfhack console and type ---->   rename building "name"
press enter and enjoy!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 11:06:37 am »

The DFHack command for naming a lot of things (stockpiles, levers, zones...) is ctrl-shift-n. I too find "Tavern Booze Stockpile" to be a lot more descriptive than "Food Stockpile #14.

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 05:05:22 am »

OMG that would be so helpful. Renaming both stockpiles and workshops. It would do miracles for players when linking production chains in vanilla clients. Quantum Stockpiling automation made easier. Temporary production chain linking made possible, without deleting all links after usage to redefine old links (if you still remember those). :)