Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Civ Members returning from somewhere(?)  (Read 637 times)

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Civ Members returning from somewhere(?)
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:37:35 pm »

I noticed in the new version (44.04) that sometimes some random people from your civ enter the map and get a announcement as "Dastot Blackpaddle has returned". They then drop all of their gear and start to haul your stuff. They get listed as citizens but you canīt assign any labors or occuptations to them. I had two of them: A peasant described as treasure hunter in his description and a poet. Could maybe be a new bug?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Civ Members returning from somewhere(?)
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 07:39:33 pm »

I noticed in the new version (44.04) that sometimes some random people from your civ enter the map and get a announcement as "Dastot Blackpaddle has returned". They then drop all of their gear and start to haul your stuff. They get listed as citizens but you canīt assign any labors or occuptations to them. I had two of them: A peasant described as treasure hunter in his description and a poet. Could maybe be a new bug?
Are you playing an unretired fortress? It could be that these are squad members who were sent off on quests while you were away. Sounds buggy whatever the cause.

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 08:58:25 pm »

No, it was a fresh fortress. In the legends both count as settled in my fortress. Seems like a bug

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 09:31:47 pm »

Sounds like more raid-related !!FUN!!
To be precise, it's probably a side-effect of Toady's fix to 10496.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:41:15 pm »

Hah, I actually just had this happen in a fort I started in 44.03 and transfered over to 44.04. Never happened in .03, but just now I had a scholar with the message "(Name) has returned" followed by "(Name) has brought back a rumor from abroad." And like the others, they act like a petitioner who has been accepted as a petitioner, but hasn't yet petitioned to actually join the civ.

Given that the other two mentioned in the first post look like they also might be this guest type, I wonder if maybe they're petitioners who left your fort to visit other libraries and came back, or something? I have enough petitioners that I don't remember if this specific one had petitioned me at some point. Or maybe this is new behavior that is SUPPOSED to happen when some of your scholars go out visiting, but is bugged and just random guest-types are showing up and kinda inserting themselves into your civ as if they belonged.