Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: how would you change how many points you get as an adventurer when starting?  (Read 3786 times)

Pwned dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Like where in the raws can i give myself 1000 points in skill and attributes

Zerim

• Bay Watcher
  • One man's past is another man's weapon
    • View Profile

That is hard-coded, unfortunately.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

get an easy to use memory editor, T-Search, Art Money, or well known and trusted Cheat Engine

JesterHell696

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ALL:PERSONAL]
    • View Profile

As Hugo suggested use a memory editor, I use cheat engine to do so and I've given myself max attributes and max skills before.

what you do is.

1. run cheat engine

2. select a process to open

3. choose dwarf fortress.

4. go to the adventurer creation screen in DF, where you assign your attrubutes/skills

5. enter for the points you have for attributes in cheat engines "value" field e.g. 105 for dimigod

6. spend some points and "scan" new value e.g. spend 5 points scan for 100

7. when you have reduces the number of returned value to 6 or 7, open 1 by double clinking it and alter the value, if its the right value you should see the number of points available in DF change.

8. Repeat steps 5-7 for skills.

9. profit.

image below

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"The long-term goal is to create a fantasy world simulator in which it is possible to take part in a rich history, occupying a variety of roles through the course of several games." Bay 12 DF development page

"My stance is that Dwarf Fortress is first and foremost a simulation and that balance is a secondary objective that is always secondary to it being a simulation while at the same time cannot be ignored completely." -Neonivek

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you have DFhack you can use "gui/gm-editor scr" on the character creation screen and change attribute_points_remaining and skill_points_remaining directly, without having to fuss around with cheat engine.

JesterHell696

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ALL:PERSONAL]
    • View Profile

If you have DFhack you can use "gui/gm-editor scr" on the character creation screen and change attribute_points_remaining and skill_points_remaining directly, without having to fuss around with cheat engine.

You can? I try to avoid DF hack because the last time I used it I ended up using fast dwarf, reveal map and tele-dumping all the time so I just stopped using df hack altogether to kill the temptation.
"The long-term goal is to create a fantasy world simulator in which it is possible to take part in a rich history, occupying a variety of roles through the course of several games." Bay 12 DF development page

"My stance is that Dwarf Fortress is first and foremost a simulation and that balance is a secondary objective that is always secondary to it being a simulation while at the same time cannot be ignored completely." -Neonivek

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

If you're just looking to cheat in adventure mode, it's easy enough to make an overpowered creature that is only playable as an outsider.