Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 4}  (Read 3921 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 3}
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 08:32:15 pm »

Try and compete at wall building with the worker machines, see if my self-realised will can overcome their programmed automation. In short, race them.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 03:04:43 am »

Watch the guy freaking out about braking his mop for a few seconds then return to scrubbing the floor.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2017, 06:38:55 pm »

...did someone say HOPE?
Spoiler: Waitlist? (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2017, 11:12:04 pm »

> Head for the information hall.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2017, 02:31:16 am »

...did someone say HOPE?
Spoiler: Waitlist? (click to show/hide)

OH GOD I CAN'T NOT ACCEPT THIS ENTRY. (*Waitlisted, though)
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2017, 07:07:06 pm »

Meh, just the normal monday thoughts, continue working and being anti-social
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Chromatic Wasp

• Bay Watcher
  • Art by Tae (Raspcherry)
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Hope [6/6] {TURN 4}
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2018, 03:14:53 pm »

Larry quickly returns and assists in finishing the cleanup.

(5) You make it back to work promptly, before the end of the break, and fall right back into the rhythm of the job.

"NO! It can't be! This was my favorite mop! It was my 18th designated birth anniversary present!!!"
NOOOO!!! This was my best mop! Try to fix it! I MUST CLEAN! Without my trusty mop, how will I purificate these corrupted and defiled floors? Find some tape and fix my mop!

(5) Thankfully, in your janitors' kit, you find a small vial of StrongBond, an adhesive foam. You apply it to one end of the broken mop, and attach the other end. The foam expands and covers up the crack. It's as good as new. Thank goodness.

Try and compete at wall building with the worker machines, see if my self-realised will can overcome their programmed automation. In short, race them.

(6) (5+1 for relying on human will and gumption.)

You are a force of nature - bricks and sealant fly in a whirlwind of determination and progress. You....You've built an entire wall?!? Surveying your work, satisfied, you suddenly black out.

Watch the guy freaking out about braking his mop for a few seconds then return to scrubbing the floor.

(3) You're suddenly distracted by this guy, to the point where you continue to watch after he goes back to his job. You are reminded to return to your work by a sudden, sharp electrical reminder from your wristcomm.

> Head for the information hall.
(4) You arrive at the information hall. Your coworker, Citizen 3020780, a short, stout woman with chestnut hair, comments that you're not scheduled to work today.  You know the biology books are upstairs, in wing 7E. It's lumped in with the anatomy section and the geology section. With the advancement of cybernetic enhancements, and the death of nature, people are a lot less interested in things made of the earth, whether plant, animal or mineral.

Meh, just the normal monday thoughts, continue working and being anti-social
(1) Numbly, you scrub the floor. You don't care about people. You don't care about what they think of you, and you know people don't care for you, either. This doesn't matter to you. Not even a little.

So why are you crying all of a sudden?

JANITORS
You all watch as the bricklayer collapses to the ground. What do you do?

Jeremiah, you wake up (you think you're awake now) in a place you've never seen anything like before - a wide, expansive forest. You've only heard about trees, about grass, but now you're surrounded by it. It's almost terrifying at first. What do you do?
Come on up to the stage! Are you trembling with fear and excitement?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2018, 04:38:47 pm »

Dump the whole bucket of cold water that I was using to wet the mop all over his head to wake him up then give him some encouraging words. Get more water and continue moping and cleaning the place.
I can't let the guy lose his job for a human mistake, or machines will fully take over bricklayering too!

This is not the established time for a rest, bricklayer! Get back to work, you know machines don't need to sleep like us! Unless you want to be bested by one, you need to stand up and continue laying those bricks! You are the future of human bricklayers! Wake up!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:49:11 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2018, 06:08:14 pm »

Wasn't expecting to John Henry myself. Welp.

Tentatively try and see what my surroundings are like. Carefully touch these...trees?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2018, 06:33:31 pm »

Larry gently smacks the bricklayer on the face with the wet end of the mop, like a very soggy slap.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2018, 07:42:25 pm »

Shove him gently with my foot a few times, if he doesn't wake up just go back to scrubbing the floor, there is nothing else I could do for him anyway, I'm not a doctor.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3]