Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Absolute Night Horror  (Read 1787 times)

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Absolute Night Horror
« on: December 28, 2017, 06:06:45 am »

In my current fort one of my scholars decided to write a book with an interesting title "Absolute Night Horror".

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
https://imgur.com/lUyGPBl

A very fitting name and a interesting chapter two: The night horror infects a kobold with a were curse. I didnīt know night horrors could infect people with curses! I am engraving my fort with stories about Ale Sheenadmires the Leap of Waters to find out more. Here is one more interesting detail:

https://imgur.com/JjHq2sM

I will further investigate!

The biting of the kobold happened in 35. 15 years after the elf was turned into a night horror groom.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:11:04 am by melmarkian »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: The Absolute Night Horror
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 06:42:45 am »

A were-night troll. Nice.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 06:44:07 am »

Also interesting simply on account of the fact that werebeast kobolds aren't something you see in every worldgen.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 04:31:30 pm »

Also interesting simply on account of the fact that werebeast kobolds aren't something you see in every worldgen.
I once genned a world with a kobold vampire. He was part of a group of outcasts that somehow took over the religion of an abandoned city. With the priesthood came impiousness, so he toppled a statue and was cursed for it.
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 11:51:27 pm »

PSA, to get images to work with imgur you need to need to put the extension of the image at the end of the sentence (in your case, .jpg). Also, at least for .gif files, you may need to use http and not https (found this one today, for some bizarre reason).

Some of the names you have generated are really fitting, let's see where it goes.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2017, 10:27:14 am »

Thanks CaptainArchmage.
So far I have not uncovered a whole lot of new information. Ale Sheenadmires the Leap of Waters is still alive and brings terror to the humans,dwarfs and kobolds in my region. He killed 6 kobolds, 2 humans and 4 dwarfs so far. Most engravings talk about his countless devourings of animals.
He got stabbed in the arm by a human recently and he has a daughter "Lomoth Twilightcavern the Ashen Dead" born in the year of his transformation (20). His wife "Anu Phantomcrypts" recently lost a different daughter. Nothing about his life before becoming a Night Horror or how he became a Were Kangaroo

EDIT: The First Chapter of Absolute Night Horror covers a fight between Ale and the future husband of his daughter "Ido Soaplate" :D
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:39:24 am by melmarkian »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 03:55:04 pm »

Quick question: does the quality of the quire/scroll/etc have to do with the amount of info displayed in the description, much like engravings?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 04:14:41 pm »

Huh. I think the elf was a werebeast first, then was later kidnapped and became a night horror. I'd be interested in seeing his legends page.

melmarkian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2018, 09:57:22 am »

Ok, the final bit

He had a really bad month. Bitten by a Were Kangaroo and then turned into a Night Horror!
Also should have changed into his wereform while imprisoned
« Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 10:00:18 am by melmarkian »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2018, 04:31:36 pm »

Looks like I was right. Very interesting! He didn't have time to transform again after being bitten, so he was kidnapped before he was kicked out. Thank you for sharing!