Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Soldiers from older retired forts in new fort?  (Read 839 times)

skinwalker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Soldiers from older retired forts in new fort?
« on: December 10, 2017, 11:34:29 pm »

So, i noticed that I had gotten migrants from a previous fort that had been retired, and thats fine and dandy but I'm also seeing that that they're still marked as being in the squad that they were in in the old fort? Has anyone else seen this before? Does it matter at all? I googled this and I haven't really found any other people talking about this. maybe i'm just blind.

EDIT: as a fun side note, I also noticed that I got a necromancer dwarf armorer that was in my previous fortress to migrate to this new one. thrilling.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers from older retired forts in new fort?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 02:42:05 am »

Migrants from previous player fortresses are normal, but old squad relations remaining sounds like a bug that should be reported on the bug tracker.

anewaname

• Bay Watcher
  • The mattock... My choice for problem solving.
    • View Profile
Re: Soldiers from older retired forts in new fort?
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2017, 01:30:45 pm »

So, i noticed that I had gotten migrants from a previous fort that had been retired, and thats fine and dandy but I'm also seeing that that they're still marked as being in the squad that they were in in the old fort? Has anyone else seen this before? Does it matter at all? I googled this and I haven't really found any other people talking about this. maybe i'm just blind.

EDIT: as a fun side note, I also noticed that I got a necromancer dwarf armorer that was in my previous fortress to migrate to this new one. thrilling.
What does it say in the Thoughts and Preferences section? Here it is saying "is duchess" and "former countess"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: dragdeler
There is something to be said about, if the stakes are as high, maybe reconsider your certitudes. One has to be aggressively allistic to feel entitled to be able to trust. But it won't happen to me, my bit doesn't count etc etc... Just saying, after my recent experiences I couldn't trust the public if I wanted to. People got their risk assessment neurons rotten and replaced with game theory. Folks walk around like fat turkeys taunting the world to slaughter them.