Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: unable to bury dwarf(s)  (Read 1199 times)

mOVING_tARGET84

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
unable to bury dwarf(s)
« on: December 01, 2017, 07:41:47 am »

i have some dead dwarves
most were sensible ursts and were buried fine

i have 3 bodies that my haulers drag from the garbage pile to the coffin, pause for a frame or two, and then haul the body back to the garbage.
at which point they toss the body on the ground and a new hauler runs up and tries again.

this loop does not appear to end.

the coffin seems to have part of the dwarf corpse in it already as it shows as thier final resting place.
one of the dwarves has already risen as a ghost.

any help would be lovely

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: unable to bury dwarf(s)
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 07:52:35 am »

I don't know how to fix the bodies not being entombed in their coffin. But you should be able to make a rock slab at the mason workshop and then engrave the slab to memorialize a dead dwarf at the craftsdwarf workshop... or maybe you make the slab at craftsdwarf and engrave at the masons...  and then you build the slab the same way you'd build a coffin,  that should put the ghosts to rest.

Loci

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 09:18:34 am »

Were your unburied dwarves werecreatures? There's a known bug with werecreature corpse handling.

You can dump/forbid the corpses to stop the hauling and engrave slabs to stop the haunting.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 03:10:48 pm »

I'ts the werecorpse bug. Forbid the corpses when they're next on the stockpile, and engrave slabs. The ghosts will leave when the slabs are permanently planted somewhere. It is dangerous to ever disturb the slabs, so plant them where you intend to leave them.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

mOVING_tARGET84

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 04:27:31 pm »

I don't know how to fix the bodies not being entombed in their coffin. But you should be able to make a rock slab at the mason workshop and then engrave the slab to memorialize a dead dwarf at the craftsdwarf workshop... or maybe you make the slab at craftsdwarf and engrave at the masons...  and then you build the slab the same way you'd build a coffin,  that should put the ghosts to rest.

ok ill have a look at that, i thought the slab thing only worked if no body parts remained

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 04:25:52 am »

ok ill have a look at that, i thought the slab thing only worked if no body parts remained
Nope. A common reason to need a slab is that the body is inaccessible, e.g. because of drowning. It is perfectly valid to both provide a coffin and a slab if there is a body available or if a body is recovered later.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2017, 07:20:22 am »

Dump the corpse. Reconstructing/moving the caskets doesn't work. Here is my report.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 07:38:34 am by FakerFangirl »
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username