Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Refuge in Adventure  (Read 821 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Refuge in Adventure
« on: October 01, 2017, 01:07:20 am »

Refuge in Adventure
Rover, Wanderer
Nomad, Vagabond
Call me what you will.

In this world wreathed in war, it was only a matter of time before its torrents of torment tore you from home. Pig-faced orcs and rat-eared goblins fought mail-clad men and doughty dwarves. Tides of steel had clashed and crashed about you, flames danced to the din of death, and a chorus of cries issued then and echo still.

You collapsed long before the battle was over, and it would not be correct to say you truly awoke for a long time.

Granted, the morning after you had been conscious enough to stagger away from the ruins of your village. You were conscious enough to tread trembling on the trodden path southwards.

You weren't conscious enough to remember most of it. Except the echoes. They echoed still.

Hazily, you remember resting and wretching in a rocking ship. You remember the vague days (or weeks?) you had stared lazily at the open ocean. You remember tens of other refugees sharing the same wretched cabin, as well as the same wretched fate.

The miasma of shock began to lift as the ship approached a shining city cradled by rocky cliffs, where the waves lapped joyously at it. The sun gifted the city a golden hue. Fantastically, a hundred ships crowded the docks, and even from the distance you could hear the raucous symphony of civilization.

Children from all the kingdoms of the world heard tell of this place. One need not even be told where they were; the city itself roared its name:

Port Adventure!

Spoiler: Character Creation (click to show/hide)

Code: (Format) [Select]
[b]Name[/b]:
(insert here)
[b]Gender[/b]:
(insert here)
[b]Race[/b]:
(insert here)

[b]Characteristics[/b]:
(insert letter here)

[b]Personality[/b]:
[b]I:[/b]
(insert letter here)

[b]II:[/b]
(insert letter here)

Spoiler: DM's Note (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Refuge in Adventure
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 01:13:15 am »

Name:
Uldenna
Race:Human ish? catwoman/elf?
Characteristics:B
Personality:I:B II:c
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 06:19:13 am »

Hoping for a few more suggestions or +1s.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 06:34:05 am »

Name:
Uldenna
Race:Human ish? catwoman/elf?
Characteristics:B
Personality:I:B II:c

+1, orassans are cool