Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]

Author Topic: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]  (Read 29330 times)

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Castle:Reboot [Retromach's Missions]
« Reply #780 on: November 12, 2017, 03:24:45 pm »

The trip was long, and you were largely left to your own devices. Blofeld didn't engage with any discussions about who was right or wrong in the Monsanto United dispute, but kept appraised of it.

A few days before you landed, the news broke. Several stellar corporations were leaving the United States. Akras was named, and a threat was issued by a criminal organization known as the Founding Sons, pledging to hunt down the traitors, followed by a panel discussion where four people spoke over each other at once describing their views on the subject - one in favor of Akras, one in favor of the Founding Sons, one in favor of Akras' right to leave but against their decision to do so, and one in favor of Akras' being denied the right to leave but arguing vigilantes had no place in it.

The shuttle would be docking at a commercial station in a few hours, and a lander would be prepared. You'll need to arrive in New York, visit Akras' headquarters, gather files and data, take them to Wall Street, then return to pack up the office and evacuate it. It's time to make plans, and pick equipment.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: November 12, 2017, 03:41:00 pm »

Ok, on the assumption that we are going in with security armor, and may be in situations where government types will insist on no weapons, I will take the following:

Security Coat:
 - Holdout Weapon
 - Frangible Rounds
 - Sensor Pack
 - Adaptive Coloration
 - MAG-Pistol

If it is unlikely we will ever enter an no-weapons area I will take some APHE rounds instead of the Holdout Weapon. This is of course assuming Akras wants it troops armed at all times, even if it takes "forgetting" to hand a holdout weapon over... If not then let me know.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: November 12, 2017, 03:45:42 pm »

Sertan is standing in front of the tv sipping his coffee,"God dammit. Alright guys seems this isn't gonna be as easy as i was hoping. We can expect resistance and as much as I'm hoping these "Founding Sons" won't be a problem, we'll need to be prepared. We have a few hours to suit up and come up with a plan. Anyone got any ideas?"
Vhan just became best Kobold Waifu.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: November 12, 2017, 03:54:43 pm »

"Well, I can keep scans running on the crowd for weapons and such, so if something goes down we will have advanced warning. Pistols will probably be our best bet here, but someone needs to bring a long gun just in case. I'm taking a pistol with frangible rounds for soft targets on the assumption that any attack with armor will be slow enough we can see it coming. Anyway, for movement formation, at least one bodyguard to each side of the principle, the others following behind. If we had enough men it would be good to put a pair 20-30 feet ahead, but we would need around six people for that. I would take one of the sides, but I think I'll be glued to the sensors most of the time. Sertain and Stella or Tina maybe?"
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: November 12, 2017, 04:01:42 pm »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)

Priscilla looks very much like a SWAT operative, with the PDW, the darker outfit, and the tools and variant ammo on her vest. This helps divert attention away from Tina, who is also quite well armed, with 3 pistols.
The glasses help conceal their eyes, so you wont see Tina looking around nervously, or Priscilla's synthetic eyes.
Tina drinks from a carton of juice, she pauses every now and then to press around on her Computer Bracer, to test out Priscilla's overwatch software.
"I-I can have... Priscilla, be our fire support. She's just... not very subtle, so I'll be putting her in a sniper position."
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: November 12, 2017, 05:05:25 pm »

Any restrictions on what we can take?

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: November 13, 2017, 03:55:15 am »

It's likely that some of the facilities won't allow weapons, other than the holdout weapon. No limited gear is assigned, except a wrist computer to use any drones from Akras Earth, or Priscilla.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: November 13, 2017, 08:36:36 pm »

“You and Tina can follow behind. I’ll take right flank and Stella left.”

Sertan will be carrying holdout weapon and MAG-Pistol with a few extra clips of ammo.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:39:27 pm by Kuma »

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: November 13, 2017, 09:00:35 pm »

"Sounds good. Are we ready then?"

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: November 14, 2017, 07:25:58 am »

[Tina Murdoch + Priscilla]

"Ready."
Tina presses a button, and Priscilla loads and cocks her rifle, then puts it in safety.
Tina meanwhile loads, cocks, and puts her pistols in safety, same with the holdout pistol.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Kuma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: November 14, 2017, 07:32:51 am »

Sertan suits up and does a final weapons check.

“All ready to go.”

Cynicalwhovian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 17, 2017, 11:39:48 pm »

Spoiler: Gear (click to show/hide)

Stella checks herself, deciding that a Gauss rifle is both not available and highly impractical for this type of reason. She keeps a pistol, though.

retromach

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 20, 2017, 12:48:52 pm »

For those not usually watching the discord, Side Mission 1 has been delayed.

Relevant factors:
- This player set's disenthusiasm for social content
- Players in the other mission strongly desiring to be on the first Earth mission

Those of you who were eager to proceed, thank you for your patience. This mission will be rescheduled to begin as part of mission 4.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53]