Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Interest Check: Masterwork? Fortress Reclamation without abandoning  (Read 845 times)

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey,

So I had an idea for what I thought might be a fun community/succession fortress, preferably with masterwork or fortress defense. The idea is, up until a certain point( say 6 months after the fortress becomes the Mountainhome), the fortress is entirely ordinary. After that point, the circus should be released, all the drawbridges lowered, cages opened, and sieges summoned, turning the fortress into a charnel pit. The goal is to manage to protect enough dwarves that they can slowly regain control of the fort.

I do have some rules in mind, like setting a maximum of impregnable panic rooms, and requiring whatever section of the fort has coffins to be left vulnerable, but I want to see if there is any interest in this first.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: Interest Check: Masterwork? Fortress Reclamation without abandoning
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 08:09:06 pm »

I'd be interested, so far my only thought on the little information given is that if it's gonna be Masterwork we should pull out all the stops and use everything it has. This will probably make your giant fight at the end more interesting as well.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 01:02:31 pm »

I plan on pulling out as many stops as won't make the game crash.

Timeless Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 12:46:44 pm »

Change the goblins out for animal-people in the race code - (animal-people get the goblin ethics, ect... but goblins now produce Walls and Roads as Humans do.  It makes the world more interesting and the history more readable.)
L33tsp34k does to English what Picasso did to faces.

Dwarfopoly
The Luckiest Tourist EVER
Bloodlines of the Forii