Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Star Clans Write Up/Characters/Lore thread  (Read 625 times)

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Star Clans Write Up/Characters/Lore thread
« on: August 08, 2017, 02:40:26 pm »

Plot: Space Empire, was once a great glorious thing. But four hundred years ago it fell apart. The empire divided up into Clans, clans that governed themselves. Each with their own customs and ways of living. This is their stories. Of survival, conquest, and glory. Of strife and discovery. This is the Age.

The Age of

Star Clans.

Two Factors in play.

Research On or Off: If pick Off, I just use this thread also to show off everything in game thread. If Research is on, Do Arms Race Research stuff with creativity.

But said Research Option has a "Web."

Chemistry: Study of molecules and their relationships.

Physics: How things move through space. The kind of stuff Newton would love.

Construction: Building things better, more stuff, and bigger. Helps make things cheaper/build faster.

Social Science: Influence people's minds. Winnnig folk over that way, psychological aspects of science to masses.

Biology: Study of living matter.

Power: Power sources. Form, maintain, and use for weapon. (The Energy in energy weapon.)

Computers: Operational computers, computing power, AI and so forth.

Propulsion: Making things faster travel wise.

Energy Fields: The study of energy bodies and pockets like vibrations, magnetism, and gravity to make energy forms,barriers and such.

Special Notice; Anything we of right now can do on a research level, is free/pre existing here. To loosen things up for more exotic things. (Discount in making it cheap.)

Research if on will be discussed with  players, after Clan setup is picked out.

Second Factor: Clans.

Make your own: My next post instead will be clan creation notes to pick and choose for a unique clan. In which we play.

Pre Selected Clans: Rolled up 5 out of 40 clans to pick from. Bellow are Results. Basic summary of them. (If this clan is picked will go into much more detail to clan life ad what they start with to make them unique.)

Clans:

Shiva: A outer Fringe Clan, that has several Asteroids for resources, a decent fleet, and one world that is mostly a hot desert. Their flag is a six armed person with six swords.

The most notable mention is their warriors are very good. Aside typical warrior caste the Clans employ, the others not of Caste studied martial supremacy at a young age at a sanctum of war.

Sol: The sad reminder of what was once great in the Human Empire. Their flag is the Earth, with wings. Their planet is Earth, and still have Mars and the Moon, with a ring orbiter around the Sun. Very proud people. Their main advantages are the buildings. For they are not a unified people and their wealth has been spent on lavish living and terraforming Mars to be a second Earth. Their fleet can use work. Good news is have the old system to reclaim to get resources again, and the others are too far out to be a problem, for now.

Deacross: These people came from Russian heritage and live on a temperate rain forest world. Their flag is the Mantis, deadliest bug on their world. They are under constant confrontations with their neighbors. Their main assets are their cunning and tricky ways. Also possess nice weapons to keep themselves a sovereign force. THeir fleet is decent in size.

Vulcan: These guys live on a Ash/Volcano world. Very hostile, rich in heat, resources, and radiation. They are excellent researchers and master engineers. These people produce exoskeletons for mine and police/military work. Their fleet is tiny though.

Buu: People of intense religiousness demeanor. These zealots worship the Star Father and make it known. THey have the biggest fleet out of these starting clans, their order is a sect council, and they are not a pacifist group either. Not as high tech as Deacross or Vuclan. But have two worlds worth of people to draw on and counting with refugees joining them for the holy land. 9Said worlds are a Earth type, and a ocean with islands approach.)

As mentioned if pick Create a Clan will bring a list out of what you guys vote on, and the research thing.

Keep Bay12 creavitiness (Which i love) or a big ole net tome of stuff for this thread, you decide.

Hope this takes off.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Clans Write Up/Characters/Lore thread
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 05:18:19 pm »

Additional notes: If research option is off. Avaible tech will be based by n clan picked or creat d.

There are three kinds of points.

Resource: To build.
Supply: What you already have.
Currency: Money. Buying off what we do not have.

These points nets at start based on clan.

Characters:

Clan leader: Me in npc mode with four functions.  Order, suggest, motivate and partake.

Order is general missions n statement

Partake means I get my hands dirty

Motivate is giving a free die to a underling. (Has to recharge by two turns)

Suggest: I throw idea of what to do or research or whatever. Does not need to be taken seriously.

Leader can be replaced if my character steps down or is taken out (will go down swinging)

Character creation is basic write up and can have up to our pros. Need our cons though.

Unlimited operative character. 5-8 researchers if research is in.

Upper management? Four offices.

War Marshal: Be general.

Fabricator: Decide what to build.

Diplomat: Talk to npcs.

Master At Arms: Get to decide what units are armed with what's avaible.

Tyrant Leviathan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Star Clans Write Up/Characters/Lore thread
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 03:10:20 pm »

Last notices:

Can do all thirty five others if everyone wants that. Did not do due to 💭 ng it's silly and everyone pre set has pros and cons with stuff to make them unique.

Objective of game is sand box missions to be the top dog of space and even make a new dynasty.

Also create a clan aside clan life and home world get to dictate military aspects and influence what starting tech is like. No babies/marriage system like Pangaea. If I want space Pangaea would have done Tribe Space.