Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dumb usual question : is it possible to make wall destructible ?  (Read 850 times)

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi,
A little question i keep asking to myself...
Is it possible to make wall destructible ? I think the fact that i don't find any answer mean that it's clearly no, but in an other way i think this could be only a simple token to change somewhere ...

Or could it be possible to simply create a new building that act like wall but destructible ?

It was probably be asked before i guess, but didn't find where ^^.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb usual question : is it possible to make wall destructible ?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 07:15:04 pm »

There's a tool called diggingInvaders that allows fort invaders to dig through constructed & natural walls.
If you're talking about Adventure Mode, there is another tool called AdvFort that lets your adventurer dig through walls.
Both of these are included with DFHack.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 07:46:25 pm »

Oh my, i will test it ! Thanks !
On a new game though, i think it lead to all new defense plan ... :p

Does it work with up bridge or indestructible artifacts ?

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2017, 11:48:07 pm »

No to both, I think.
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 04:25:51 pm »

Seems that the diggingInvaders is not maintened since version 34 of DF ... and the repo for it don't exit anymore, so well ...

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 04:42:02 pm »

No, it's included in DFHack, which is available for the current version. As long as you have DFHack installed you can start using diggingInvaders right away by running:
Code: [Select]
diggingInvaders enableat the DFHack console.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 05:48:54 pm »

Still saying diggingInvaders is not a recognised command :p
Last version of dfhack : https://github.com/DFHack/dfhack/releases

Notice that you're right, it is included in the documentation of Dfhack but are not in the files nor in the commands available...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 06:18:26 pm by Nilsou »

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 11:46:57 pm »

Make a 1x1 building that looks like a wall in texture, have it's impassible block be it's only block, boom done buildable destructible wall. They'd need trolls or something similar to destroy them though. Ooooor you could give gobbos or whoever you want invading the building destroyer 2 so they can come through "with torches" and break the town down.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 11:49:28 pm by StagnantSoul »
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 08:55:06 am »

Good idea, but it's too bad to give up the mutilple construction system of classic wall ... there could be very hard to construct external fortress ^^

Nilsou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 09:21:39 am »

After digging into the absence of the plugins, it seems that it was removed during the 64bit conversion of Dfhack, without comment, just like that ^^
I have notified it on the dfhack thread, maybe someone who play with the code usally could test it soon.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2017, 09:30:58 am »

Siren (the one that wakes everyone up) is gone too, which makes me cry, as too often I have a third of my fortress sleeping and 2/3rds freaking out too much due to a siege to close the gates, or at least shut the bridges between the districts to save the craftsmen and nobles.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.