Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Bay12 Vote Counter & Post Analytics (Almost Useful: Grabs Votes, per-turn!)  (Read 1606 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Vote Counter & Post Analytics (Almost Useful: Grabs Votes!)
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2017, 11:33:25 pm »

[NextTurn]
This should cause all user actions to be erased when the program hits it (with current behavior).
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Vote Counter & Post Analytics (Almost Useful: Grabs Votes!)
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2017, 11:35:28 pm »

If this works, my bolded [NextTurn] tag -and ONLY mine, as I am the OP- will remove previously gathered actions, so the output of the program will only show actions after this point.

I've also slightly rewritten the method that gathers actions so it can use tags other than [X], but I haven't got a means of defining them yet. I'm debating whether to allow it to be input into the program on runtime, read from a post by the OP, or both.

[X] blah blah blah

edit: this works
In its current form, I've got methods with outputs for console and TXT, as well as support for different tags (but only one tag at a time right now). However, there's no way to input these into the program. I'm thinking I can have all of this stuff defined by arguments, but I haven't really worked with arguments much before so I'll need to figure out how to parse them properly. I've also managed to export the program in jar form so it can easily be run from a batch file, command line or exe wrapper, so I know I can conveniently distribute it when it's ready.

Current to-do features:
-Get user input to determine output type, and action tag(s)
-Fine tune output to configurably show/hide extra information like user post counts
-Create "vote" output methods
-Create support for multiple action tags
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 02:15:49 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 [2]