Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kobolds and their not so kobold civilians  (Read 916 times)

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
Kobolds and their not so kobold civilians
« on: June 13, 2017, 08:19:08 pm »

So this is more a follow up on a previous post I made, in which I thought an elf from a kobold civ was stealing from me. Turns out, it was a babysnatcher that showed up at the same time as a few kobolds and I was let down by coincidence.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

BUT WHAT.

I concluded a while ago that kobolds couldn't have non-kobolds in their civs, but this just proves me wrong. Have you guys ever have non-kobold thieves?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kobolds and their not so kobold civilians
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 10:13:07 pm »

Does Legends Viewer properly distinguish between civilized animal-men and wild ones? I seem to recall it being hard to tell. Never seen animal-men "civilize" by joining a kobold civ, but never really searched for it either.

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 10:28:38 pm »

Does Legends Viewer properly distinguish between civilized animal-men and wild ones? I seem to recall it being hard to tell. Never seen animal-men "civilize" by joining a kobold civ, but never really searched for it either.

It does, legends viewer says that they have settled in with the kobolds. Ones a Miner and the other a Hunter

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 04:17:22 am »

It does, legends viewer says that they have settled in with the kobolds. Ones a Miner and the other a Hunter
What's their full history? Are they visitors? Mercenaries? Prisoners? Did kobolds take over their home one day?
Is there actually an event in which a tribe of Mountain Goat people joined the civ (and another of wombat people)?

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 11:21:39 am »

What's their full history? Are they visitors? Mercenaries? Prisoners? Did kobolds take over their home one day?
Is there actually an event in which a tribe of Mountain Goat people joined the civ (and another of wombat people)?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quite literally all the info I could find. They lived in some mountains way to the east and just decided to hike and settle in the kobold cave in the far north.