Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Pentagram: The Secrets of Magic (6/6, waitlist open)  (Read 4093 times)

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pentagram: The Secrets of Magic (6/6, waitlist open)
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 02:09:47 am »

Snag a shield, sword, helmet, spare sword, and chestplate, in that order of priority. Preferably those in the best available condition.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2017, 02:10:29 am »

Take a sword and shield, and search the rest of the area for anything magical/arcane in nature.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2017, 11:52:51 am »

Pocket the book, or just store it safely so it won't get damaged.

Best not to ruin this, Arthur thinks to himself.

Go claim a room as well. If we're casting rituals, we're going to need a place where nobody can interrupt them, and there is simply no way I am getting stuck with the half-crumbled ceiling. Rain's ruined a great number of summoning circles for me in the past.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 07:06:18 pm »

Would love to get an update out tonight, but I still need Oz and Crazyabe.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 07:13:08 pm »

I'll take a Sword, And head off to find a nice room to settle into.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 07:17:04 pm »

Oh my. I'll likely regret doing this in the future, but I'd like to be put on the waitlist. I'll put a sheet here later.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2017, 05:05:20 pm »

Oh my. I'll likely regret doing this in the future, but I'd like to be put on the waitlist. I'll put a sheet here later.

Sure thing.

-------------------

All right, just going to go ahead and start the turn without Ozarck. I'll include him if he posts before it's out.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 05:09:13 pm by Whisperling »

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2017, 11:58:46 pm »

Turn 2
----------------------------------

Weapon Distribution:

The group in the armory collects their equipment, selecting various weapons and armor. The remaining items are simply left on the ground, most likely to be used by the magicians investigating the living quarters.

Everyone who looked for specific pieces of armor got what they wanted, although it’s far less comfortable than they would like. Objects which are still available include the cracked hammer, two shields and axes, one sword, and a smaller selection of iron armor.

Take a sword and shield, and search the rest of the area for anything magical/arcane in nature.

Having armed himself, Nix scans the armory for residual magic. His mundane senses don’t find anything with an obvious relation to the occult, but his newfound sixth sense is picking up more background energy than is usual. The faint tingling sensation could very well be residue, collected from whatever magical training took place in this chamber. On the other hand, the energy could also be leaking from a decaying enchantment.

Pocket the book, or just store it safely so it won't get damaged.

Best not to ruin this, Arthur thinks to himself.

Go claim a room as well. If we're casting rituals, we're going to need a place where nobody can interrupt them, and there is simply no way I am getting stuck with the half-crumbled ceiling. Rain's ruined a great number of summoning circles for me in the past.

Arthur tucks the book into his satchel, then heads off in search of a private room. After looking up and down the corridors, he finally settles on a dwelling at the corner of the second hallway. It looks to be comfortable and well-furnished, if somewhat small. Ceiling cracks are absent, which is a good sign, and there are even a few open spaces ideal for magical work.

I'll take a Sword, And head off to find a nice room to settle into.

Marty walks to the living quarters, ready to lay claim to his own set of private rooms. He conducts a brief search of the first hallway, but eventually settles on the first suite he looked into, which is at the very beginning of the corridor. For one, the rooms’ wooden furniture has been preserved quite well, although Marty still isn’t sure that he trusts and of the chairs. The real treasure is perfectly-preserved sheet of notes on the occult, still sitting within an ancient desk. The page is somewhat yellowed, but the handwriting upon it is still entirely legible. It describes another variant of the infusion ritual, which apparently allows the infused object to store magical power rather than interacting with it.

Spoiler: Magical Foci (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Infusion of the Vessel (click to show/hide)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone

Everyone’s grimoires glow from within their bags, beginning to pulsate like a beating heart. Once each occultist has managed to fish out their book, the tomes open of their own accord, turning to a short message on page three.

We have decided on your first task, should you choose to take it. Although this compound’s surroundings were thought to be empty, preliminary scrying has revealed an active nature shrine which is far too close for comfort. It is frequented by several minor spirits, creatures roughly on the level of dryads or nymphs.

These spirits are generally harmless, but may take offense if they discover practicing mages directly beneath their trees, springs, or stones. Additionally, it may be possible to harness the magic released by their deaths, which could be used to reawaken some of the compound’s old enchantments.

We recommend infusing a weapon of some sort, as several of the spirits must be killed directly at the magical level. Those who help dismantle the shrine will receive magical knowledge of their choice, within reasonable constraints.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2017, 12:00:28 am »

It's a bit late right now, but I think I'll make status sheets tomorrow. Probably best to keep track of all the items and knowledge that are piling up.

Dread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2017, 12:17:58 am »

Head towards the accommodations and claim a room. One with a door and lock, if given the option.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 12:21:35 am by Dread »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2017, 01:10:39 am »

Try finding the biggest source of background magic, give infusing my sword with magic ( any magic ) a shot.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2017, 02:05:43 am »

Try to infuse weapon. If that doesn't succeed, look for anything else that looks useful.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2017, 08:05:17 am »

Infuse Sword, Ask my Book for Directions, and HEAD OUT.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2017, 04:51:02 pm »

Fred will begin decoding the runic script in his room. He'll go to the armory and get a weapon, but will decline to head to th nature spirits yet, as he has learned nothing of magic yet, except the infusion spell. If there are a long sword and a dagger in th armory, he'll take that.
Pages: 1 2 [3]