Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Wicklewild Wizard Academy (2/5)  (Read 1031 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Wicklewild Wizard Academy (2/5)
« on: May 27, 2017, 06:28:35 pm »

Dear Applicant,

It is with great joy and excitement that we write this letter accepting you into the glorious fraternity/sorority of wizardry. You are officially accepted into the Wicklewild Academy of wizardry and witchcraft. We are pleased to offer you a position among our first-year class here at Wicklewild. Enclose with this letter you will find a list of all the required books, equipment, and items you will need for your first semester, which begins quite shortly. Fill out the attached survey and, upon completion, burn it. When you are prepared to travel to Wicklewild, burn the rest of this letter. We eagerly await your arrival.

~ Headmaster Sorbon

Information Sheet
Full Name:
Race: (Human is most common, but most fantasy races are acceptable)
Physical Description:
Background:
Magical Discipline: (Area of study you're interested in).

Welcome to Wicklewild an independent school of wizardry. Wicklewild is by no means a prestigious school, and actually has a terrible reputation for its unusual teaching methods. However, it is rather selective in its admissions and produces some of the greatest magicians in the world. Unlike most schools it teaches most types of magic, as opposed to specifically teaching a single type, and even teaches some forms of magic not allowed in accredited schools. Truly it is an unusual school, which is saying something as wizardry schools are odd as a general rule. Located far to the north, it is well isolated from society. However this doesn't stop it from doubling as an adventure's guild, offering quests and services to those who seek the help of mages.

The game will progress in periods, having several per day and night in relevant time intervals. Players will have mana, which powers their spells. However, mana only regenerates while one sleeps. As a result, players will have to ration their mana in order to complete all their tasks. In addition, the use of magic is highly mutagenic, and greatly affects it's users and those exposed to it. Beyond that, there are few mechanics beside the occasional roll for luck and whatnot.

Feel free to ask questions, I know that's not a whole lot of information. It's a quirky adventure in a high fantasy world.

IC Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164321.0

(All photos used during this game belong to their respective authors).
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 04:44:29 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wicklewild Wizard Academy OOC (0/5)
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2017, 06:29:13 pm »

Reserved.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: The Wicklewild Wizard Academy OOC/ Interest Check
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2017, 08:59:39 pm »

(What do you mean by Magical Discipline?, is it a history on how the character accumulated their magical proficiency, or is just the magic knowledge the character knows?)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wicklewild Wizard Academy OOC/ Interest Check
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2017, 09:11:53 pm »

(What do you mean by Magical Discipline?, is it a history on how the character accumulated their magical proficiency, or is just the magic knowledge the character knows?)

It's the area of magic you're interested in studying.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wicklewild Wizard Academy (1/5)
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 10:19:14 am »

*Bump*

I really thought the high fantasy adventure of becoming a mage and going on quests would drum up more interest.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 10:34:03 am »

Eh, I'll take a spot. I'll post my sheet in a little bit.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 10:52:36 am »

*Bump*

I really thought the high fantasy adventure of becoming a mage and going on quests would drum up more interest.
Main problem this game sounds like it'll advance extremely slowly. But what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Full Name: Merindi
Race: Arachne (Human upper half body attached where a spider's head would be)
Physical Description: Spider body has soft fluffy white hair, human body is pitch, matte black, seeming to drink in light, making observing her features extremely difficult, only able to be seen by silhouette. What can be seen seems to indicate normal human girl proportions.
Background: Comes from a respected family of space-mage spiders who were all brutally killed by some mysterious enemy, Merindi now wants to become an archmage at the Academy get revenge on the enemy, and then rebuild her clan into greatness.
Magical Discipline: Dimensional magic (teleportation, space and time manipulation, summoning, pocket dimensions and that sort of thing)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wicklewild Wizard Academy (2/5)
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 11:08:57 am »

*Bump*

Main problem this game sounds like it'll advance extremely slowly. But what the heck, I'll give it a shot.

Hmmmm, I may just do away with the whole periods thing in that case and just make turns the relevant amount of time necessary to complete the action.