Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Climbing saves lives  (Read 6824 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Climbing saves lives
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2017, 01:44:48 pm »

First off, necro.

Secondly, smoothed rock walls can NOT be climbed.

Block walls CAN be climbed, but is more difficult.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Climber
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2017, 02:40:29 pm »

Would love confirmation on smoothed rock walls (as opposed to constructed block walls) being completely unclumbable though...
Toady said so in one of the FotF replies, just before climbing was implemented. There is an exception made for lone pillars of smooth rock being climbable.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Lozzymandias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2017, 04:36:13 am »

Can confirm this is not so. All my walls are made of constructed blocks and goblins still make a decent oxford try climbing it, some of them even get up a few levels before falling off and impaling themselves on the spikes
"Come on, you sons of elves, do you want to live forever?"

Alyfox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2017, 05:38:07 pm »

Looks like Im going to have to change my overhangs to be 2 tiles wide.. kind of irritating but I guess better than being invaded

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2017, 11:02:22 pm »

Can confirm this is not so. All my walls are made of constructed blocks and goblins still make a decent oxford try climbing it, some of them even get up a few levels before falling off and impaling themselves on the spikes
What isn't so? Constructed block walls can be climbed. Smoothed rock (i.e., natural) walls can't.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 11:03:55 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

FortunaDraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2017, 01:34:26 am »

Somewhat related question, since this topic's here - can Building Destroyers break stuff while climbing? Or do they need to be on a flat surface to break stuff?

Also good to know that constructions can be climbed - Time to make the top floor of my outside tower two wider than the rest of it.
I just had a "lord consort" visit and decide to stay. Preparing for Trojan war reenactment.
Protip: statues cannot be made out of wood unless they're artifacts. If you see what appears to be a wooden statue outside your fort and it's not an artifact, destroy it immediately.

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2017, 05:13:29 pm »

URIST, THE CARP ARE SCALING THE WALLS! TO ARMS!

sigged
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2017, 10:11:07 pm »

Somewhat related question, since this topic's here - can Building Destroyers break stuff while climbing? Or do they need to be on a flat surface to break stuff?
I would assume not, since it requires a path to the object, and I'm reasonably sure somebody found out that they can't break stuff while flying.

Pages: 1 2 [3]