Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Return of the 12 Behemoths [2017 Resolution Thread]  (Read 1023 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Return of the 12 Behemoths [2017 Resolution Thread]
« on: January 10, 2017, 12:46:46 pm »

Welcome everyone to the 2017 edition of the Behemoths where we strive to make the resolutions last all year long!

Previous years:

Rules (Taken from the 2015 edition):

1. Post twelve meaningful steps you plan to take in making stuff better for 2017.

-- Not little stuff like "take out the garbage on New Year's Day" unless you have some sort of massive complex about garbage on New Year's that you're struggling to get over. "Build the habit of taking out the garbage consistently" is fine, though.

-- The goal's not to speed through your checklist by April, but rather to focus your year on doing the stuff that you think is important.

2. You may do a total reroll three times per year. That means you can change as many goals as you like, or add new goals to supplement the ones that you've already completed--but no more than twelve active goals at a time.

-- The limitation in reroll frequency is in order to get you to think carefully about the things you want to do and commit to them.

-- Rerolls exist so that you can change your goals to respond to unexpected events, like getting laid off or Suddenly A New Nephew.

-- Limitation in volume is to keep you from being overwhelmed by the number of things you need to complete.

-- You may want to keep a reroll count at the bottom of your post so you can keep track.

3. You may join at any point of the year.

Some hints for manageable goal-setting:

-- Choose specific goals with concrete steps.

-- Choose emotionally meaningful goals that are intrinsically motivating.

-- Publicly posting about your intentions and a step-by-step plan to fulfill your plans is supposed to help, so consider making regular progress reports, especially when you're struggling.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
Re: Return of the 12 Behemoths [2017 Resolution Thread]
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:28:43 pm »

Alright. I don't have a full list yet, but I'll start one:

1. Paint every day, if only for a few minutes. Aim to put something online once a week at slowest. This is a bit rough, but it's achievable and I believe in pushing!

2. Be able to do 40 pushups in a set by year-end. Again, pushing, but it's possible.

3. Sing every day. I'm not putting a benchmark on this, but doing it is good.

4. Achieve a first for every course this year. The only reason not to is laziness.

5. Get Capp doing well in agility. Even if he's uncooperative, it is not the thing that cannot be done.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 04:54:17 pm »

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 02:57:24 pm »

Spoiler: MaximumBehemoths (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 02:57:00 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 01:46:50 am »

* Arx dredges.

Well, nearly a third of the way into the year (O_o time passes so fast).

1. Paint every day, if only for a few minutes. Aim to put something online once a week at slowest. This is a bit rough, but it's achievable and I believe in pushing! (Going well. Apparently the last month alone has had 6 new people follow me on Tumblr, which is impressive considering how few I have. :o)

2. Be able to do 40 pushups in a set by year-end. Again, pushing, but it's possible. (This isn't going amazingly, but there is time yet.)

3. Sing every day. I'm not putting a benchmark on this, but doing it is good. (Eeh, kind of managing? I need to step it up.)

4. Achieve a first for every course this year. The only reason not to is laziness. (Going alright so far).

5. Get Capp doing well in agility. Even if he's uncooperative, it is not the thing that cannot be done.
(Accepted for the agility club, so this is going well.)

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2017, 05:14:36 pm »

Spoiler: MaximumBehemoths (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2017, 02:55:12 pm »

I completely forgot about this...

Huh. Much less red than I thought there'd be.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯