Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Consider bringing back Old Fortress Mode as an optional gameplay mode  (Read 931 times)

misto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

by Old Fortress Mode i mean how fortress mode used to be, with you simply digging into the side of the mountain (you could place the mountain at the top, bottom, or left side of the screen too if you want)

you remember it, don't you? there would be a river outside often, and you dug right into the mountain, crossed the cave river, the chasm, the magma river, and eventually broke into demon zone. i found this 2d mode to bee just the right balance of complexity for me. you could introduce other new biomes like caverns inside the mountain if you liked, but simplicity is the name of the game here.

i know that in a game concentrated on simulating things in a highly detailed way, simplifying things back again may not be a big priority, but please keep it in mind. it could be good for introducing new players, old players who have been gone for a long time, or just relaxed simple playtime.

do you think the game would run better or worse with everything happening on the same 2d plane?

maybe it could be a mod idea for someone, if it is beneath the notice of the main programmers. thank you for your time

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And if you had something else in mind, there are several site management games out there run by people who have time to make site management games. As opposed to someone who wants to spend his time pushing the boundaries of procedurally generated worlds. I suggest a quick search on Steam.