Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Carpenter is lazy and doesn't want to work  (Read 2407 times)

Laraso

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Carpenter is lazy and doesn't want to work
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2017, 10:35:48 pm »

So, not sure how, but I somehow fixed it. I put an animal trap in the queue and bumped it up to the top, which caused my hunter to go build an animal trap. After that, my carpenter decided to stop being lazy and start working on things finally. Pretty bizzare but it's finally over, so I can't complain

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2017, 03:02:09 am »

Hm, you're not using any DFHack tools, are you? There was a bug in one of those a couple of years ago (the bug is supposed to be fixed) that caused random jobs to fall through the cracks: they were listed, but never performed (or started, but never resumed after being broken off due to e.g. need for food).

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2017, 10:42:12 am »

I'm a bit surprised no-one suggested the standard hotfix for this issue: just tag a lingering job with "n" for "do it now!". If it's at all possible, the job will be taken and executed promptly; almost any other job will be interrupted to make time for such an urgent order.

If the job is not taken in spite of the urgency, that at least makes sure there's something else than dwarven misprioritising getting in the way.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2017, 01:25:49 pm »

A personal workaround i find when dwarves are super occupied with temples & taverns is to follow a set of simple steps

> Go to your action zone menu with I, and turn off your meeting zone & set the zone to inactive. The tavern will remain behind them but dwarves will eventually clear out and get on with their lives and only come back in when they need it to drink or to express certain needs such as dance or drink. Visitors will still come by and it will work as normal, reactivate if you want a party i guess.

> Faith temples using the above format should only be dedicated to one deity, as worshipping multiple causes dwarves to get stuck for the same reasons.

> I find this releases them from these areas and lets them visit other meeting areas willingly, you can also turn off the active part of the plain meeting area once it is established (because its not like a location), locations set by tables or objects can never be turned off so be warned.

Its because it appears that the actual action zone is sticky, and will remain in use until it is fully deleted whether its active or not. If this works for you also be sure to leave behind a example fort to help with this bug issue if you can show off the changes, id appreciate it.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 02:06:29 pm by FantasticDorf »
Pages: 1 [2]