Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Need someone to do something for me  (Read 824 times)

skelepound

• Bay Watcher
  • Deciever, I name thee Cael
    • View Profile
Need someone to do something for me
« on: April 12, 2017, 01:17:40 pm »

I'm having difficulties still with adding a new race to my mods, as well as other things i had promised - workshops, namely - but i want to put out some new content . It occured to me that i could add magic staffs by making a ranged weapon that uses ammo called "xxxxx mana". The essence of creation, it is created from a certain material(a magical metal) and can be used to make magic ammo. It can only be made from magical metals, and staves can only be made from wood. But it will use a different skill - i would like the add a new skill, called sorcery, for the use of these magic weapons. The equivalent of crossbowman - i might just replace a weapon skill like Blowgunner. But yeah, by adding this, you will be able to use magical attacks on enemies, gain skill with magic weapons like Staves and scrolls and wands, and so on. Would anybody be able to help me with this? The metals are already in-game, so thats less of a problem than knowing how to do workshops, how to add weapons, how to mess around with skills... That stuff.
My magic mod, Schools of Magic:
----------------------------------
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=162596.0
----------------------------------
GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Shub-Nullgurath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Need someone to do something for me
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2017, 01:38:15 pm »

Jump in the Discord in my sig, we're all working out everything together. :p