Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Great Library, a youtube letsplay.  (Read 834 times)

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Great Library, a youtube letsplay.
« on: April 04, 2017, 08:41:24 pm »

Hi everyone.

I am doing a long term letsplay on youtube that I call the great library. The goal is to build a massive library and become the Mountain Home and have the king move in. Progress has been quite good so far and I was fortunately enough to find a volcano to build my fortress on. The start year is year 5 so we can witness as much history as possible and hopefully record all the history in our library for future generations.

I also expect to hear from you all on my lack of military.

Also I have already recorded up to episode 40 and uploaded all the way to episode 36. I wanted to get a good number of episodes before I posted anything about the letsplay.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF2baVq6xe6t3zxxXmrLe3MiVRCnZI-pn

Leiker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Great Library, a youtube letsplay.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 04:05:48 am »

Well I started watching!

Sound quality is acceptable as well, its usually the prime reason that I cant be bothered watching.

Been looking for a good Lets Play for awhile.

Edit: Looks like you just turned up the music in Ep.2 - I hope it will be more toned down later :p
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:36:09 am by Leiker »

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2017, 07:36:25 am »

Edit: Looks like you just turned up the music in Ep.2 - I hope it will be more toned down later :p

Come to think of it its probably not toned down as I have not changed the volume settings for many episodes. I usually don't get to listen to music during lets plays as it triggers copyright and since this music does not trigger any copyright I left it on.

I can tone it down but it wont take effect till episode 41.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 06:10:28 am »

I completely hate these copyright vultures.  My let's play uses CC0 music and they *still* flag me every single episode.   So I have to go through the stupid motions of disputing every time.  I keep wondering if there is a way I can tell Youtube to revoke their access to claiming copyright.  If you have flagged me  10 times for the same music and admit your mistake each time, are you *really* acting in good conscience?

The irony?  Damn bastards have capitalised on the CC0 license and made a CD of the music, which makes them think they own it.

GenJeFT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 11:04:56 am »

I completely hate these copyright vultures.  My let's play uses CC0 music and they *still* flag me every single episode.   So I have to go through the stupid motions of disputing every time.  I keep wondering if there is a way I can tell Youtube to revoke their access to claiming copyright.  If you have flagged me  10 times for the same music and admit your mistake each time, are you *really* acting in good conscience?

The irony?  Damn bastards have capitalised on the CC0 license and made a CD of the music, which makes them think they own it.

It drives me nuts as well which is why I generally don't have music. I disable the music on nearly every game I do a lets play of now unless I contact the developer and they say directly the music wont be flagged. Even that does not stop everything as a record label in Germany once claimed a games sound effect as "music" and claimed 3 of my videos.

Heck, one company claimed the ambient bird sounds in a game as music under copyright.

Sadly the youtube system is mostly automated and youtube wont revoke people claiming privileges.