Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: (ISG) The Amazing Abyss !  (Read 2760 times)

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying for Nakéen to stay this time (copium)
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Amazing Abyss !
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2017, 10:58:24 am »

((I decided to change the formatting of rolls to include modifiers.

Red modifiers come from STR, Blue modifiers come from INT, Green modifiers come from AGI and Gold modifiers come from CHA. I'll also explain how they work :

For every 2 point in STR (Strength), you get +1 to damage rolls for physical attacks and to strength tests (things like lifting heavy objects), and ennemies attacking you physically get -1 to their damage rolls.
For every 2 point in INT (Intelligence), you get +1 to damage rolls for magic attacks and to intelligence tests (things like setting up a trap), and ennemies attacking you with spells get -1 to their damage/success (if non damaging spell) rolls.
For every 2 point in AGI (Agility), you get +1 to hit rolls and to agility tests (things like running fast, stealth, reflexes), and ennemies attacking you get -1 to their hit rolls. You'll also move before your ennemies if you have more agility than them, except if you get a suprise attack.
For every 2 point in CHA (Charisma), you get +1 to diplomacy and intimidation rolls, and ennemies trying to intimidate you get -1 to their intimidation rolls.

This also applies to negative points.

I'll add this to the OP.

PS: Once again, this room only has a door north.))
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 01:38:52 pm by Legendary Marksdorf »

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2017, 03:37:26 pm »

((Sorry for doubleposting))

Read sign, tell Rex to sit. That skull might be dangerous. Also, are there any doors in this room other than the one we went through?

You try to read the signpost, but it's too worn out for you to make out the entirety of what's written on it. Hmm.

Thinking there's something off about this room, you tell Rex to sit before he runs himself into a trap. He happily complies.
(Roll: 7) Rex sniffs the sand a bit as if he had noticed something, but then stops. You guess it was probably a fly.
What will you do now ?

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2017, 05:20:47 pm »

Acquire sign.
Throw sign at skull.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2017, 07:00:11 pm »

That first word could be 'danger'. I'd rather deal with a monster than vauge danger/traps. Lets double back to the first room and go east from there.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2017, 07:00:43 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2017, 07:34:04 pm »

Can we use the dirt to... spread it over the sign's letters, enhance the contrast between invisible degraded lines and the ambient sign color to make them visible?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Legendary Marksdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2017, 05:57:54 am »

Can we use the dirt to... spread it over the sign's letters, enhance the contrast between invisible degraded lines and the ambient sign color to make them visible?

You try to spread dirt on the sign to reveal the degraded lines, however this does not work as the letters were painted on the sign, not carved in. You just end up with a dirty sign.

Acquire sign.
Throw sign at skull.
+1

You decide to take out your frustration on that skull sitting over there by chucking the sign at it with all your might. "STUPID SKULL, GO GET A JOB INSTEAD OF JUST SITTING HERE !", you yell.

(Roll: 4) However, you miss and the sign ends up planted upside down in the dirt a little farther. A few seconds later, you can feel a slight rumble in the ground...

A sandworm erupts from the ground, devouring the very sign that was supposed to warn travelers about it ! How ironic. Rex immediately gets up and starts growling and barking agressively at it. Judging by the width of the worm, there's probably plenty more of it still underground... You begin to think staying here might not be a good idea. What will you do ?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2017, 11:14:05 am »

Book it to the East. NOPE right outta here, we're not tryna get eaten by a sand worm.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2017, 11:38:56 am »

Head South twice, then East. Not worth trying to fight it now. There may even be more.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2017, 02:37:11 pm »

Head South twice, then East. Not worth trying to fight it now. There may even be more.
+1
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2017, 10:45:33 pm »

+1
+1
Oh. 'Danger Worm'

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2017, 10:09:18 am »

If we survive, then examine Rex's Skills.
See if Rex can equip Rex's epic fetching stick.
Max avatar size is 80x80

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2017, 10:11:53 am »

Insufficient level. Suggestion: run like heck.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 2 [3]