Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Reaction question (*spoilers*)  (Read 411 times)

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Reaction question (*spoilers*)
« on: March 10, 2017, 08:16:30 pm »

So I've been kicking around an idea for my own kind of leather-reinforcement reaction mod, but I'm not used to doing ractions for cloth or leather, in the spoiler I have my reaction so far.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm wondering if I have the tags for the cloth, the leather, and the product correct in the reaction. I figured getting help in the forums would be a bit faster to verify than starting a game and getting materials needed for testing.

I suppose one big question I have is, lets say I've defined the material using the properties that I figured it would have, it still kinda counts as a tanned hide, how would I make sure that the product of the reaction is the new thing? Did I luck out and does it look like it would already work the way it is?

Thanks for any feedback you have.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reaction question (*spoilers*)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:23:23 am »

Something I notice right away is that you put NONE:ADAMANTINE_CLOTH instead of INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE_CLOTH for the material of the first reagent.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 07:18:29 am »

Aha, thanks! I've been having the darndest time finding the correct RAW tags for the cloth so I wasn't exactly sure what to put in that line.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 03:10:14 pm »

Unless you have defined a new material, adamantine cloth would be:
[REAGENT:A:10000:CLOTH:NONE:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE]
Your product, assuming you have defined such a material, should be:
[PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE_REINFORCED_LEATHER]

Xyon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile