Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Custom clothing not showing up in entities  (Read 399 times)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Custom clothing not showing up in entities
« on: March 07, 2017, 11:18:20 am »

I've been trying to make some custom clothing items for Furry Fortress, but they are not showing up on civs when I run the game.  A given civ seems to get about half of the different types of clothing at random.  I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

Here are the raws:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5_Jm8L6GFwcVTM4OWtDQmV1ejg
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

D_E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Custom clothing not showing up in entities
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2017, 11:41:15 am »

You're probably not doing anything wrong, per se. A subset of clothing types is chosen during world gen.

The clothing chosen is influenced by coverage and the starting biome of the civilization.  Civs that start in colder biomes (or just farther to the north?) select high-coverage clothing, civs in warm biomes select low coverage clothing.  There may be a random component as well.

To force all members of a civ to wear an item, use the FORCED frequency in the entity definition.

I believe it chooses at least one item per body slot, and includes at least one armor type, so you might also want to limit the choices it has in each slot to get more consistent results.
Mods I've done:
Zelda mod-mod, Beta in the Wild DF 47.04
Illithid Empire mod DF 31.25 (update canceled)
Spotter's Guide to Illithids (Genesis mod-mod) genesis 3.19a4 (update canceled)

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
Re: Custom clothing not showing up in entities
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 04:44:27 pm »

Huh!  I never knew that. That would be useful if I were trying to do something different. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.