Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Titus (Suggestion Game)  (Read 736 times)

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Titus (Suggestion Game)
« on: February 15, 2017, 02:40:35 pm »

"Three scouts, sir. We were unable to subdue them, but we think there may be more in the area." The smell from the bodies is noticeable even from a distance, and their blood is still running. You've just arrived at the edge of a clearing, where one of your sentries have just finished a small skirmish with a band of tribesmen. You and the fifteen men under your control are on sentry duty while your cohort is deep in Germanic territory.

"Sir?" you hear one of the men under your command, Ennius, ask again. "What should we do?"

>"There must be more in the area. Tell all of the sentries to spread out into the woods and hunt them down."
>"I will go report this to the Centurion. Hold here and keep your eyes peeled for more. Keep the rest of the sentries in the same patterns they've been in."
>"I want you to go and report this to the Centurion while myself and the rest of the men look for more of them. Request additional men and have them at the ready for a defense if needed."
>"That's probably all there is, you know how these barbarians are. Back to formation."
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 03:04:06 pm by bsnott »
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned Cohort (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 03:59:35 pm »

Have Ennius report to the centurion. Hold position and fortify.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: Abandoned Cohort (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 03:32:31 pm »

"Report this to the Centurion, and come back as quickly as you can."

"Understood, sir." Ennius replies, and begins jogging off towards the camp about a half mile away. You quickly take in your surroundings. The three scouts were lightly equipped, carrying bags for food and only shortswords for defense.

"Which of you took care of these scouts?" you ask the group of men waiting for orders.

An older legionnaire by the name of Torian steps forward. "Myself and Loras dispatched them, sir." Loras, a younger soldier hailing from Greece steps up next to him. "We were making a round right near the edge of this clearing and we heard a rustling." Torian continues, "They tried to get the jump on us, but they didn't seem to have the equipment for a real fight."

>"Good work, you two. Now everyone, listen up. What we're going to do is wait for extra men so that we can sweep these woods and root out any other scouts. Hopefully we can get a few for interrogation."

>"Good work, you two. Now everyone, listen up. I want you all to spread out and comb these woods here. I will wait here for Ennius to return with more men and we'll be in right after you. Move out."

>"These barbarians must be child's play if you were able to take them down, Torian! I'll mark this one down in the books."

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
Re: Titus (Suggestion Game)
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:16:05 pm »

bump

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 06:44:23 pm »

Final bump

*gobbles menacingly*

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 06:58:14 pm »

>"Good work, you two. Now everyone, listen up. What we're going to do is wait for extra men so that we can sweep these woods and root out any other scouts. Hopefully we can get a few for interrogation."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 07:13:24 pm »

//Posting from my phone, sorry for any errors.

"Good work, you two." you say, "Now everyone, listen up. What we're going to do is wait for extra men so that we can sweep these woods and root out any other scouts. Hopefully we can get a few for interrogation."

"You don't think it's a real threat, do you sir?" you hear Lora's ask.

"Based on the way you guys handled these scouts I would doubt it, but it never hurts to be alert."

As you finish your sentence, you see a group of soldiers coming in your direction following behind Ennius and Centurion Raccus. Raccus is one of the largest men you've seen in your entire life, a man seemingly built for military service. He was an accomplished athlete back in the Capitol, and even fought in the rings a bit in his youth. He is getting up there in age, but it's clear that he could still bring a fight to anything that wanted one.

"Commander Raccus, sir." you say with a salute.

"Officer Titus," he begins, "Ennius has told me that we've had a small run-in with a scouting party?"

A) "Yes, sir. We dispatched them simply enough, but we're unsure if there are any more in the forest. I'd like more men so that we can comb the vicinity and make sure that we're clear."

B) "Yes sir, nothing that my men couldn't handle. I think the threat is dealt with, but I'd like to request additional men to patrol just in case."

C) "Yes sir, those few scouts were an easy match, but I worry that something bigger is coming. I feel that we should dig in and be ready to defend against a night raid."

*gobbles menacingly*

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 07:15:43 pm »

A.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2017, 09:14:48 am »

Eh, PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2017, 03:47:58 pm »

"Yes, sir." you reply, motioning towards the corpses of the scouts. "We dispatched them simply enough, but we're unsure if there are any more in the forest. I'd like more men so that we can comb the vicinity and make sure that we're clear."

He thinks for a moment before nodding his head. "Very well. Much better to be safe than to be sorry. I grant you these men that I've brought with me for use in sweeping our surroundings. If you run into too heavy of a force, pull back to the camp and we will defend from there. I doubt they'd try something so ambitious on a full cohort, but that's the procedure just in case. Got it?"

You nod your head, and he turns and begins walking to camp, waving his hand at his men to pay attention to you.

>Split the men up into four groups, and have each head in a different direction for one mile before returning to camp.

>Keep all of the men together and do full sweeps around the camp. This will likely take the entire day and night, and the men will be upset at missing their rest time.

>Put the men all at around 10 man spacing and have them all head outwards from your current location and scour the woods as such for a few miles.

>Have half of the men start scouring the woods in random patterns in groups of three, and half the other half of the men stay in camp to respond to any attacks.

*gobbles menacingly*

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2017, 12:14:50 am »

Bump

*gobbles menacingly*

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2017, 01:55:35 pm »

>Split the men up into four groups, and have each head in a different direction for one mile before returning to camp.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2017, 06:36:16 pm »

"Alright," you begin, "here's the plan. You men-" you point at the men that Commander Raccus brought from the camp, "will split into halves and search north and south from camp. I will lead a troop to the west and Torian will lead a group to the east. We'll head out for approximately one mile in each direction and then return to camp. If you run into anything big, try to retreat back to camp. Yell out and the other search parties will come to your aid. Any questions? Good, then let's move out."

Shortly after, you find yourself moving through thick brush, batting away branches with your gladius. There are around ten other soldiers following your lead. A twig catches your leg and nearly makes you fall. You wonder how you got into this mess. Your legion was assigned to "border control" on the Germanic border months ago but now your cohort is being relocated to a fort relatively deep into Germania. You haven't yet seen a battle, but you've been involved in a few skirmishes.

As you step over a branch, you think you hear something just up ahead, over a small ridge. "Did anyone else hear that?" you ask as you move forward.

Just as you finish your sentence, you hear a massive shout in the distance behind and to the left, followed by clangs and more shouting. You hear one word very clearly from the shouting: a bloodcurdling "help".

>Rush to the aid of the ambushed group.

>Investigate the noises just over the ridge.

>Rush back to camp for extra men.

*gobbles menacingly*