Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siege begun shortly after human caravan arrives...  (Read 1208 times)

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Siege begun shortly after human caravan arrives...
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 01:16:00 pm »

i wonder if the humans will send  an army to siege you or kill the goblins
Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Mood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 07:10:00 pm »

How can a human be pity?  ;)

Blaidd_Drwg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 07:15:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Mood:
<STRONG>How can a human be pity?   ;)</STRONG>

I reckon he meant either puny or pitiful.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 07:18:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Bullion:
<STRONG>i wonder if the humans will send  an army to siege you or kill the goblins</STRONG>

As soon as the military system will be ready [+ perhaps the diplomacy system], I am pretty sure that the humans will send an army to siege goblin cities if something like this will happen in the game. Civs will like / dislike eachother, and probably actions like these [goblins killing the human caravan] will piss off the humans.   :D

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 07:35:00 am »

I would find it kind of entertaining if, supposing you already have poor (though nonviolent) relations with the humans, and a goblin siege killed the caravan, the humans assumed it was you and sent an army after your dwarves instead of after the goblins.  This could also be rather entertaining if it could happen in reverse (blame the goblins when you were the ones to really slaughter the recent caravan).
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 08:50:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Tormy:
<STRONG>...probably actions like these [goblins killing the human caravan] will piss off the humans.</STRONG>

Or maybe they get mad at you for not protecting the caravan as it passed through your land  ;)

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Daniel Charms

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 06:39:00 am »

I was sieged right after the human merchants had packed up their goods and started to leave. They walked right into the middle of the goblin army and got beaten into a bloody pulp. The whole place was a mess of human chunks. One of the swordsmen got thrown 10-15 squares from his initial position...

Then came the damn apes. A pack of rhesus macaques bent on earning some easy money stormed the wagons (or what was left of them) and stole some of the goods I had just sold to the humans.

Meanwhile, the human Outpost Liaison quietly concluded his negotiations and left peacefully, not even realizing what had just happened.